While I’m busy working, one of my best blogging friends, Marion from Life Tastes Good, is going to share with you her Red White and Blue Bark, a very easy, fun, and patriotic 2-ingredient treat that is perfect for fourth of July. I know you will love her personable writing style, stunning photos, and delicious recipes. Be sure to visit Marion at her blog, Life Tastes Good, and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Hi y’all! I’m Marion from Life Tastes Good, and I’m thrilled to be guest posting for Michele today!
I’ve known Michele for about a year now, and I consider her one of my closest friends even though we have never met in person! It’s true! She is THAT fantastic!!
When she asked me to contribute a recipe, I was honored and jumped at the opportunity to share one of my favorite sweet treats with you – Bark Candy!
Red White and Blue Bark is quick and easy to make with just two ingredients – it makes a fun treat for everyone!
The kids will have fun making this patriotic candy, and parents will love how simple it is to make and clean up!! Just melt some white chocolate in the microwave and drop in your red and blue candies! Easy peasy!
Separating the candies is great for hand-eye coordination, as well as encouraging the kids to focus! It is a fun activity that gives them a sense of accomplishment, and also saves us from having to do it!! It’s a win-win for sure!
Note: There was a bit of shortage of red candies in my bag, while the blue seemed to be a bit overpopulated. Ultimately, I had plenty of both colors to create a beautiful treat perfect for our patriotic holidays! I hope you enjoy it! ~Marion
Red White And Blue Bark
- 11 ounces white chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 19.20 ounces red white and blue chocolate candies (I used a 19.20 ounce bag of M&Ms)
- Line a 9″ square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt the chocolate chips as directed on the package. I microwaved on 50% power for 30 seconds at a time and stirred in between until I had a smooth consistency. White chocolate can be tricky, so be careful to follow the directions or you might burn it.
- Spread the melted white chocolate into the prepared pan and decorate with red and blue chocolate candies in a single layer until you have it just the way you like it!
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes until firm. Break into pieces and enjoy!
Tags: 4th of July, bark, chocolate candies, m&m’s, memorial day, party, patriotic, treat, Veteran’s Day, white chocolate
Recipe adapted from Life Tastes Good Jelly Bean Easter Bark Recipe
Marion@Life Tastes Good says
Thank you for inviting me over to share on your blog, Michele! <3
Thank you so much for sharing your recipe and gorgeous photos!
Renee's Kitchen Adventures says
I love how festive this bark is! And could it be any easier??
Yep. Have these around and you have an instant party!