Instant Pot Hot Dogs are the easiest way to fix hot dogs. Once you try it, you won’t prepare them them any other way. Perfect for parties, picnics, lunch, or game day!
My husband is a huge baseball fan. He loves to go to the game. His dream is to travel across the country to visit all the baseball stadiums and watch games in each baseball town. Obviously, that is going to have to wait for awhile.
While I like baseball, I would love to travel across the country and try all the different types of foods. Hot dogs are one of the most iconic Game Day Foods. How much fun would it be to try all the different styles of hot dogs across the country! One of my favorites is the Seattle Hot Dog with cream cheese and jalapeños. What’s your favorite way to fix a hot dog?
However, no matter how you dress your hot dog, you first gotta cook your hot dog and I’m telling you, the easiest and tastiest way is putting them in the Instant Pot. Like just about all my Instant Recipes, hot dogs prepared in the Instant Pot are fast, easy, and no fuss!
What Do I Need To Make Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- 6-quart Instant Pot Duo60 – I use the 6-Quart Instant Pot Duo from Amazon.com for my recipes. It is the medium size and I like it as probably most recipes are written for the 6 quarter. However, they have many models of Instant Pot, including in a 3-quart size, or an 8-quart size.
- Steamer Basket (Optional)
How To Make Hot Dogs In The Instant Pot
You can follow this recipe to make one hot dog or 24 hot dogs, or anywhere in between.
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 8 hot dogs
You can either boil or steam them in the Instant Pot. Just add a cup of water and then add the hot dogs. Another option is to put the hot dogs in a steamer basket and place inside the Instant Pot. Either way the hot dogs will be delicious and ready for however you want to fix them.
- Pour 1-1/4 cups water into the inner liner pan of the Instant Pot.
- Place your hot dogs either directly in the water or in a steamer basket that fits inside the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook the hot dogs for ZERO minutes. That’s right! That is not a typo. Press the MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK button, select HIGH PRESSURE, and use the +/- button to adjust the time to ZERO “0” for the time. Please note that it will take several minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. The hot dogs are cooking that entire time.
- After the Instant Pot finishes pressure cooking, do a QUICK RELEASE by moving the pressure release valve to the VENTING position.
- After the pressure has been fully released and the pin has dropped, carefully open the lid and remove the hot dogs to serve.
What Toppings To Use On Hot Dogs
The only limit on what type of toppings is your imagination. You can travel around the country (when it is safe to do so) during baseball season (when they allow fans back in the stadiums) and try all the different styles of hot dogs.
If you want, you can add only mustard and ketchup. Lots of folks, especially kids are very happy with that.
Or you can go wild with the toppings and create hot dogs like the Seattle Dogs with cream cheese, sliced onions, jalapeños and more. For the recipe, check out my blog post for Seattle Hot Dogs.
What To Serve With Hot Dogs
From chips, to Fritos, to tortilla chips, to salads and more. Like the toppings, anything goes when it comes to hot dogs. Here are some of our favorite things to serve with hot dogs.
- Instant Pot Chili – Top the hot dogs with chili or just serve it on the side with the hot dogs. Either way, it is delicious.
- Grilled Pizza – You gotta have pizza and hot dogs at a ball game or when watching a ball game at home.
- Macaroni Salad – Classic macaroni salad makes a perfect side.
- Mexican Cabbage Slaw – Another dish that you can serve on top of the hot dogs or on the side. Either way, you’ll love it.
Now that you know how to make it, give it a try and let me know how it turns out. Let the kids make it. They’ll have a lot of fun making it and will appreciate it more since they put in the effort on it.
If you like this recipe or make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment, rate the recipe, and follow us on:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | BlogLovin | Instagram
Instant Pot Hot Dogs
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 8 hot dogs
- Pour 1-1/4 cups into the inner liner pot of the Instant Pot or pressure cooker.
- Add the hot dogs into the water in the inner liner of the Instant Pot or place into a steamer basket that fits inside the inner liner pot of the Instant Pot.
- Press MANUAL or PRESSURE COOK (depending on model) and select ZERO "0" minutes. Place the lid on top and move the pressure release valve to the SEALING position. NOTE: It will take several minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. The hot dogs cook during this time.
- After the Instant Pot comes to pressure, and beeps to indicate it is finished pressure cooking, do a QUICK RELEASE by moving the pressure release valve to the VENTING position to release the pressure fully. Then remove the lid and the hot dogs and serve.
Leave a Reply