Seattle Hot Dogs with Roasted Red Peppers, cream cheese, jalapenos, and onions, also known as Seattle Dogs, are popular hot dogs in Seattle at the Seattle Mariners baseball games.
When I read about these Seattle Style Hot Dogs with cream cheese and jalapenos and onions, I knew I had to make some but put my own spin on it. I love the addition of roasted red peppers to add to the hot dog. It gives it both color and flavor.
It’s summer and that means baseball. You can’t have a baseball game without hot dogs. That would just not be right.
I love how each city around the country has customized the hot dogs with their regional flavors.
While I live in Texas, I have visited Seattle and loved it. As much as I love the city, I think I love these Seattle Dog Hot Dogs with Roasted Red Peppers more because I can have them right at home in Texas.
They have jalapenos so we will adopt them as our own! I use the pickled jalapeno slices so they are not quite as hot.
Of course, if you would prefer to have a topping with less heat than the jalapenos, try some sauteed green bell peppers instead.
You do not have to live in Seattle to enjoy these hot dogs. It does not matter where you live. Anyone around the world can enjoy these Seattle Dog Hot Dogs with Roasted Red Peppers.
Of course, if you just had the cream cheese and jalapenos then it would be like a Jalapeno Popper hot dog. That is the wonderful thing about hot dogs. You can easily customize the toppings to make it a hot dog with your very own style.
I’m sharing my version of the Seattle Hot Dogs with Roasted Red Peppers. What are your favorite toppings for your hot dog? Leave a comment and let me know.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Seattle Hot Dogs with Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 package 8 hot dog buns
- 1 package 8 hot dogs
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- 1 onion sliced
- 48 pickled jalapeno slices
- Prepare hot dogs per package instructions. These can be boiled, grilled, or heated in a skillet.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, saute onions and roasted red peppers until the vegetables are soft and onions.
- Spread the softened cream cheese over the hot dog buns.
- Add one hot dog in each hot dog bun.
- Top with the sauteed onion, roasted red peppers, and pickled jalapeno slices.
Leave a Reply