After making this Homemade Creamed Corn with Jalapenos and Bacon you can skip the canned creamed corn because this version is rich and creamy and smoky and spicy from the added bacon and jalapeno.
When it comes to the holidays, everyone wants comfort food, and nothing is more comforting than homemade creamed corn. The canned stuff can’t hold a candle to this rich and creamy corn.
Of course, for me, corn goes so well with the smoky flavor of bacon, and we love the added kick of the jalapeno. However, if you don’t like the heat of the jalapeno you can leave that out.
In addition to the taste, what I love about this Homemade Creamed Corn with Jalapenos and Bacon is that it is surprisingly easy to make. With only a few ingredients you can have this delicious side dish ready in 15 minutes.
I used frozen corn for this, but if you have fresh corn that would be best. Since it is Fall, I did not have any available. It is still delicious with frozen corn, because if it wasn’t I would not be sharing this recipe with you.
In addition to the corn, you just need heavy cream, butter, salt and pepper, and bacon and jalapenos, of course. Yes. It has butter and cream. That is what makes it rich and creamy.
Go ahead and indulge just this once. It is the holidays. You can diet after the first of the year.
I will bet this will become one of your family favorites for Thanksgiving and every holiday.
What else will you serve with your Homemade Creamed Corn with Jalapenos and Bacon?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Homemade Creamed Corn with Jalapenos and Bacon
- 2 20 ounce packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 - 3 jalapenos seeded and diced
- 6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- In a medium pot over high head, add the first 4 ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir melted butter and flour together and add to the corn. Stir until combined. Remove from heat. Add chopped bacon and diced jalapenos.