Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tarts are two individual chocolate tarts made with buttery, crumbly chocolate graham cracker crusts, and a rich, creamy chocolate filling, topped with a beautiful shiny chocolate glaze with a mirror-like finish. It is pure chocolate heaven and a perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day.
If you want to truly impress that special someone, then serve this stunning dessert for Valentine’s Day. These Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tarts are certain to win them over. Whether it is to impress your special someone for Valentine’s Day or impress your family and friends at a holiday dinner, you can’t go wrong with this dessert, especially when it is made with Ghirardelli Chocolate.
To make the best dessert, you need the best ingredients. That is why I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate and Ghirardelli Valentine’s Day Impressions Chocolate in my Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tarts.
Ghirardelli 60% cacao premium chocolate baking chips, in my opinion, have the best taste and texture when baking cakes, cookies, tarts or anything other goodies.
Whether given as gifts by themselves or on top of a dessert, these Ghirardelli Valentine’s Day Impression Chocolate, with special Valentine’s Day messages, such as “Be Mine” or “XOXO,” will show that you care. You can choose between Milk & White or Milk & Dark flavors.
Since we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary this year, I wanted a truly special Valentine’s Day dessert. These Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tarts did the trick. You should have seen Mr. Flavor Mosaic’s eyes light up when he saw them.
Being the chocolate lover he is, he quickly grabbed both tarts, and asked what I was going to have for dessert because he was taking both of those. That guy…..he is such a romantic! 😉 Of course, he did reluctantly relinquish one tart to give to me. But that is the risk you take making these over-the-top desserts. There may not be any left for the chef!
For which special someone will you be baking these gorgeous Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Tarts? Don’t be shy. Leave a comment, and let me know.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups sugar (adjust amount depending on how sweet you like it.)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoon heavy cream
- 3-1/2 ounces Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon warm water or coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together crushed chocolate graham crackers, melted butter, and sugar. Press the mixture evenly onto bottom and sides of each tart pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the crust is firm. Cool on a baking rack for 15 to 20 minutes
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring cream to a boil, then pour over chocolate in a bowl and stir until smooth. Let cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla, and salt. Stir into cooled, melted chocolate.
- Pour filling into cooled crust. Bake until filling is set but center is still a little giggly, about 20 minutes. (Center will continue to set as tart cools.) Cool completely in pan on a baking rack for about 1 hour.
- Bring cream to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until smooth. Stir in corn syrup, and then warm water. Pour glaze evenly onto tart. Let stand until glaze is set, about 1 hour.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.