This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorofFall #CollectiveBias
Can you believe it is September already? And stores now have Christmas decorations up. Whoa, slow down Santa! We can’t skip my favorite season….Fall! I love fall colors, cooler weather, football, festivals, and fall recipes, especially these Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars with a Sweet Apple Glaze.
Go on, say it. You were expecting me to say Pumpkin, weren’t you? I love pumpkin too, like my Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding. However, this year apples are the flavor of fall. This includes fresh apples, apple sauce and apple juice, and a brand new Candy Apple M&M’s®.
Another thing I love about fall is fall baking. These new M&Ms inspired me to make these Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars with a Sweet Apple Glaze. I love magic bars. You may also know them as 7 layer bars or Hello Dollies.
These Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars with a Sweet Apple Glaze have a buttery graham cracker and rolled oats crust, chopped fresh apples, walnuts, coconut, Mott’s® Apple Sauce, sweetened condensed milk, Candy Apple M&Ms®, and White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms®, and topped with a sweet apple glaze made of Mott’s® 100% Apple Juice, powdered sugar, and a little milk. Heaven!
In addition to the Candy Apple M&Ms® this fall, they also have these cute and delicious White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms® that are great for fall. I added these to the magic bars for more color and for another layer of flavor.
The recipe is easy. Stir in rolled oats into a cup of graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press it into the bottom of a foil covered 9×9 pan. Sprinkle chopped apples, walnuts and coconut over the crust.
Next stir together Mott’s® Apple Sauce with sweetened condensed milk.
Pour the apple sauce mixture over the apples, walnuts, and coconut. Sprinkle Candy Apple M&Ms®, and White Chocolate Candy Corn M&Ms® evenly over the top. Some will sink in.
Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes for a 9×9 pan, and it comes out looking like this. You could also make this in a 9×13 pan for about 30 minutes. Your bars will be as thinner.
While the bars are cooling make the Sweet Apple Glaze with powdered sugar, Mott’s® Apple Juice, and a little milk. After bars cool, cut them into squares, and drizzle the Sweet Apple Glaze over the top.
Be sure to save a serving (or two) for the cook.
These taste AHHH-MAZING!
You’ve got to make these Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars with a Sweet Apple Glaze! They are out of this world crazy good! Pick up the Candy Apple M&Ms at Walmart. They were easy to find in a special display at the of the aisle with the chips, snacks, and popcorn. Before you go be sure to take this coupon for $1.50 off any two (2) M&M’s brand chocolate candies.
While you are at Walmart, go ahead and pick up the Mott’s® Apple Juice on the Juice aisle.
And look for the Mott’s® Apple Sauce on the Juice aisle also.
Again, take this coupon for $1 off any two (2) Mott’s sauce or Mott’s juice drink
Be sure to visit Flavor of Fall to pick up your coupons worth $2.50.
You will thank me later. Trust me.
Invite people over to share these Candy Apple M&M® Magic Bars with a Sweet Apple Glaze. Better yet take them to a fall festival or other fall activity. These Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars with a Sweet Apple Glaze are the flavor of fall.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have FREE recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray or cover with foil.
- In a medium bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs, rolled oats and melted butter. Press into bottom of prepared 9x9 pan.
- Layer with chopped apples, walnuts, and coconut.
- In a small bowl, stir together apple sauce and sweetened condensed milk. Pour evenly over the top of the apples, walnuts, and coconut.
- Sprinkle Candy Apple M&Ms and White Chocolate Candy M&Ms evenly over the top.
- Bake in a prepared 9x9 pan in a preheated oven for about 50 minutes. If you are baking it in a 9x13 pan, it takes about 28 - 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the bars from the sides of pan while still warm. Cool on a baking rack. Then cut into squares.
- While the magic bars are cooling, make the sweet apple glaze. In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar, and stir in apple juice and milk. (You may need to add a little more milk to get the desired consistency.) Drizzle over the top of the cooled Candy Apple M&M Magic Bars before serving.