This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepareToParty #CollectiveBias
With the Big Game right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about what food to serve or to bring to your Big Game party. Because for me, the best part of the party, other than visiting with family and friends, is the food.
Ritz crackers makes it so easy to entertain because you can serve Ritz with cheese and your favorite toppers. I easily created these stackers with two types of cheese and sliced grape tomatoes. However, you can use any of your favorite toppings to create stackers. Or just serve a tray with different cheeses and toppings and let everyone create their own stackers.
For something extra special try making these Ritz Jalapeno Poppers made with Ritz Crackers make snacking for the Big Game fun and delicious!
Since the Big Game is being played in Arizona this year, I decided to make a Southwest style appetizer, Ritz Jalapeno Poppers.
For the main ingredients, you will need Ritz Crackers, large fresh jalapenos, softened cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, little smoky sausages, and bacon to make your own bacon bits, or you can used store-bought bacon bits.
Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chili powder, and cooked bacon bits.
Slice the jalapenos in half vertically and remove all the stems, seeds, and membranes. Then add a couple of teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture into the hallowed out jalapeno halves. Then place 1 to 2 little smoky sausages on each jalapeno.
Place a sleeve of Ritz Crackers in the food processor and pulse on low a few times until you have cracker crumbs. Then place all purpose flour in one bowl, two beaten eggs and milk in the second bowl, and crushed Ritz crackers in the third bowl.
Then roll each jalapeno popper in the flour first, then the egg mixture, and then the Ritz Cracker crumbs to form a cracker crust on the outside of each jalapeno popper.
Then bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until the poppers are golden brown on the outside.
Then you have these perfectly delicious jalapeno popper bites with the buttery Ritz Cracker crumb crust.
Be sure to stop by Walmart and look for the Ritz Cracker Big Game display, and you can pick up the rest of the ingredients while you are there.
With whom will you be sharing these Ritz Jalapeno Poppers with while watching the Big Game?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 12 fresh jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise with stems, seeds, and membranes removed
- 6 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 24-48 little smoky sausages depending on size of jalapenos
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 sleeve Ritz original crackers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and chili powder until well mixed.
- In a separate small bowl combine eggs and milk.
- In another small bowl, add flour.
- In a food processor, add a sleeve of Ritz crackers and pulse on low until they turn into crumbs.
- In another flat dish, add the Ritz cracker crumbs.
- Using gloves, fill each jalapeno pepper half with about a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Lay one to two little smoky sausages (depending on the size of the jalapenos) on top of the cream cheese in the jalapeno. Repeat with each jalapeno until all jalapenos are filled with the cream cheese mixture and sausages.
- Dip each filled jalapeno pepper into the flour, then into the egg mixture and finally into the breadcrumbs.
- Place jalapeno poppers on a baking sheet lined with aluminim foil.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.