This Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Dip is a sweet, creamy, no-bake, minty chocolatey dessert dip that is perfect to celebrate the Irish for your St. Patrick’s Day party!
How do you celebrate St Patrick’s Day? Do you cook Corned Beef & Cabbage or Guinness Stew or some other wonderful Irish dish?
Or do you do what we did for years and ignore it. I know that is horrible to say, but I bet I’m not the only person that has done this. For our family, for years St. Patrick’s Day was not a major holiday.
However, during the past year, I learned that I am part Irish. I had always thought I was part Scottish, but my brother had that DNA test completed and it said he was part Irish and no Scottish was mentioned. I’ve always been fair skinned and had freckles. I just didn’t have the red hair.
So now we are celebrating St Patrick’s Day. It seems that it has become more important to us all of a sudden.
St. Patrick’s Day celebrations are popular, in part, because it falls during the season of Lent and, for some, means that they have one day of celebration with food and drink before going back to the fasting or abstaining from meat during Lent.
For others, St. Patrick’s Day is just fun! Who doesn’t love Irish music, dances, limericks, and, of course, the food and drink?
I love it because it gives me an excuse to make this delicious Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Dip that tastes like a cheesecake but does not require any baking. How cool is that?
If you are looking for an easy, no-bake dessert for St Patrick’s day, This Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Dip is perfect.
Serve with strawberries, cookies, or chocolate graham crackers.
You may also like these St. Patrick’s Day recipes:
St. Patrick’s Day Chocolate Mint Trifle
Irish Soda Bread Muffins with Cheddar and Jalapeno
Love this recipe? Receive FREE recipes in your inbox!
I want FREE Recipes!
Follow Flavor Mosaic’s recipe board on Pinterest.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Mint Chocolate Cheesecake Dip
- 1 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- 1 8- ounce container refrigerated whipped topping
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup creme de menthe bits like Andes Mints bits, plus a few more for garnish
- Beat the cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and peppermint extract, and beat on low.
- Add the whipped topping and green food coloring and beat on low until combined and the color is uniform. Fold in the creme de menthe bits.
- Pour mixture into a serving dish and top with additional creme de menthe bits. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Marla Meridith says
This dip looks amazing!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
Beautiful presentation! Mint+chocolate is such a winning combo!