Curl up with a big bowl of this comforting Gluten-Free Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup on a cold winter night.
When it is too cold to go outside, serve this Gluten Free Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. It is a great way to use leftover chicken and rice, and in this version there are no canned soups, which means no artificial flavors or preservatives or chemicals whose names we can’t pronounce.
To make this gluten free be sure that your ingredients are gluten free including gluten free flour, chicken broth, and poultry seasoning. I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking flour, Pacific Foods Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth, and McCormick poultry seasoning. However, I am a newbie to eating gluten-free and I recommend that you research and try the brands that work best for you.
Even if you are not looking for a gluten free recipe you will love this will love this soup. What is not to love with the creamy, savory, chicken-y flavor.
Serve it with crusty french bread or cornbread and you have a meal.
When will you make this Gluten Free Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Gluten Free Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks of celery diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 carrots diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 4-1/2 cups low-sodium gluten-free chicken broth 3 14.5 ounce cans
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning or make your own
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cut into bite-size pieces
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter. Stir until the butter is melted. Add the chopped onions, celery, and carrots and cook for about 5 or 6 minutes until the onions are soft. Stir in the minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute. Stir in the gluten free flour until it becomes like a paste. Pour in the chicken broth and continue to stir. Add in the poultry seasoning, sage, and salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in milk, cooked chicken and cooked rice. Simmer on low for about 5 minutes.
If you like this recipe you may also like my Leftover Ham and Potato Soup.
Or how about this Cauliflower Chowder.
What a delicious bowl of soup. I know pretty much nothing about gluten free foods. Luckily it isn’t an issue we have. I know so many people do need gluten free though. This is the perfect comfort food for anyone.
Anna Powell says
This looks delicious. Found it from a GF recipe list. I’ll try it with goat butter(dairy allergies).
Thanks for your gluten free soup recipe. That’s really looking delicious and healthy. and I love how easy it is.Just saved it.