This sweet, moist, rich Eggnog Tres Leches Cake recipe makes a unique and impressive Christmas or holiday dessert that your family, friends and guests will love.
I love to take this Eggnog Tres Leches Cake to either our family Christmas dinner or a holiday party. We took it over to our friend’s house last night, and it was a big hit.
What makes this Eggnog Tres Leches Cake so special? It is a rich cake made from scratch that is soaked with 2 types of milk and eggnog, and topped with whipped cream or refrigerated whipped topping.
To poke holes in the cake, you can use skewers or an ice pick or the end of a small wooden spoon. Then pour a mixture of eggnog, sweetened condensed milk, and evaporated milk over the top of the cake and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.
I recommend topping the cake with whipped cream or refrigerated whipped topping and sprinkling with a little nutmeg before serving.
For which occasion will you be making this Eggnog Tres Leches Cake recipe?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Eggnog Tres Leches Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups dairy eggnog
- 1 8 ounce package refrigerated whipped topping
- few dashes of nutmeg to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Either butter and flour or spray with baking spray a 9 by 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla to the milk in the measuring cup.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one.
- Alternate adding 1/3 of milk mixture and 1/3 of flour mixture, beating well in between.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and spread evenly. Bake the cake for 30 – 35 minutes until the cake is firm and golden brown on the edges. Cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the condensed milk, evaporated milk and eggnog until thoroughly blended. Poke holes all over the cooled cake.
- Slowly pour one half of the eggnog mixture over the cake, then leave it for a few minutes to soak in. Pour over the remaining eggnog, cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for eight hours or overnight.
- Before serving spread whipped cream or refrigerated whipped topping evenly over the top of the cake. Sprinkle lightly with nutmeg.
- Cut the cake into squares and serve chilled.
If you like this recipe, check out these other cake recipes!