This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Maille® Mustard. All opinions are 100% mine.
This Easy Picnic Potato Salad recipe makes your classic American potato salad that is perfect to take to a picnic or potluck this summer.
This week has been potato salad week. Since I have made some unique potato salad recipes, such as Greek Potato Salad and Texas Barbecue Loaded Baked Potato Salad, I thought it would be a good idea to go back to the classic traditional potato salad that is perfect for a 4th of July picnic or party.
This Easy Picnic Potato Salad is a simple yet flavorful version of the classic potato salad because it uses fewer yet quality ingredients, such as Maille® Cornichons (mini gherkin pickles) that add an extra tart bite, and skips the hard boiled eggs, which makes the potato salad even easier.
In addition, it includes a quality dijon mustard in addition to mayonnaise for extra flavor. I recommend Maille Dijon Mustard.
After you make the potato salad be sure to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours to enhance the flavor.
Where will you take this Easy Picnic Potato Salad?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Easy Picnic Potato Salad
- 2 pounds red boiling potatoes scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 small celery stalks chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped Maille Cornichons gherkins
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Maille Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- dash paprika
- Place potatoes in a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes until potatoes are fork tender. Drain, rinse under cold water, and drain once more.
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Place them in a bowl, pour in vinegar, and add salt and pepper. Add chopped celery and cornichons. Stir in mayonnaise and mustard until everything is combined. Chill, covered, until ready to serve. Sprinkle with dried parsley and a dash of paprika before serving.
Our friends at Maille® Mustard have teamed up with Revol, a French culinary porcelain manufacturer that has been making high-end cookware and serve ware since 1789.
(Disclaimer: I received a picnic basket and products from Maille® and Revol in order to develop an original recipe, host a giveaway, and give an honest review. The opinions expressed in this post are 100% my own.)
Angela P. says
I love gherkins sliced up in my egg salad it gives it a nice sweet crunch that is unexpected.
Mary V says
My family loves my Pickles-In-A-Blanket, I make them on special holidays Thanks for the chance!
Joel. Timmons says
Gherkins. Make. It. Better