This Summer Chicken Salad Sandwich is creamy and crunchy and makes a great lunch or picnic sandwich.
Before summer is over I need to post a delicious chicken salad sandwich that both you and the kids will love. It is a great way to use up leftover chicken, and you don’t have to heat up the kitchen. Yay! I especially need recipes like that when temperatures are pushing 100 degrees like they are right now.
This version is pretty much a classic chicken salad sandwich with cooked chicken, chopped celery, green onions, and tomatoes with mayo. You can always add your favorite additions such as chopped bacon or apples, dried cranberries or chopped pecans.
This sandwich made a delicious casual lunch in which I did not have to turn on the oven. Since I am technically on my “stay-cation” this sandwich was just what I wanted.
What will you put on your Summer Chicken Salad Sandwich?
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Summer Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 2 cups cooked shredded or cubed chicken breast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 8 slices bread
- Stir chicken, tomato, celery and green onions together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together mayonnaise parsley, lemon juice, and worcestershire sauce.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken. Stir together until everything is coated with the mayonnaise.
- Place lettuce on top of the bread. Then top the lettuce with 1/4 of the chicken salad. Top with the other slice of bread. Repeat for the remaining sandwiches.