Butterfinger Buckeye Brownies are fudgy brownies topped with a sweet peanut butter layer and a chocolate ganache that is sprinkled with Butterfinger bits! These make awesome dessert bars for tailgating or any party.
Before we get to the Butterfinger Buckeye Brownies, we must talk football with the Gridiron Grub Guru himself!
Greetings from the Gridiron Grub Guru headquarters.
It is Friday and time to talk College Football. Week four of the college season has passed and we have our first coaching casualty with the dismissal of the head coach of Louisiana State University (LSU) Les Miles, who coached for 12 seasons at LSU. This last week Auburn defeated LSU 18-13.
Meanwhile, Texas A&M butchered the Arkansas Razorbacks 45-24.
We spoke about the Big 10 conference last week and the most outstanding game was Wisconsin, who defeated Michigan State 30-6 on the Spartans home field. Nebraska is making noise in the Big 10 with a 4-0 record to start the season.
It is amazing that there are so many quality games each week.
This week we are going to review the independent teams of college football, which consists of Army, Brigham Young, Notre Dame & the University of Massachusetts.
Each of these teams is unique in their own way. First, Army, which is located in West Point, NY, is a military academy. Second, Brigham Young University, located in the beautiful mountains of Provo, Utah, has one of the prettiest settings for college football. Third, the gridiron giant of Notre Dame, which is located in South Bend, Indiana, has rich, historic traditions. Finally, the fourth team is the University of Mass Located in Amherst, Massachusetts in scenic New England.
These schools have played some of the most challenging schedules when they hit the gridiron.
This week BYU takes on Toledo, while Notre Dame travels to play Syracuse, and UMass plays host to Tulane. I predict all three of these teams will win in convincing fashion. Army is off this week.
I hope that everybody had the chance to partake in those awesome Easy Pulled Pork Nachos last week. This week we will be venturing into the world of brownies, specifically combining my favorite flavors of chocolate and peanut butter and then adding crushed Butterfinger bits to take them over the top. These are a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream!
Until next week, I hope you enjoy good gridiron action, good tailgating, and good gridiron grub!
Be sure not to miss any of the Gridiron Grub Guru’s Foodball and Grub analysis! Check out these other Gridiron Grub Guru posts!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Butterfinger Buckeye Brownies
- 1 box brownie mix (for a 9x9 pan or make your own.)
Peanut Butter Layer
Chocolate Ganache Topping
- 5 ounces milk chocolate chips (1/2 bag)
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Butterfinger Bits
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper, or spray the pan with cooking spray, or butter and flour the pan.
- Prepare the brownies according to the package directions for a 9x9 pan. When the brownies have finished baking, remove them from the oven and place on a baking rack to cool completely.
- While the brownies are baking, make the peanut butter filling. In a mixing bowl, combined melted butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Beat until combined. Stir in the Butterfinger bits. Spread the peanut butter mixture evenly over the brownies.
- To make the ganache, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and heavy cream. Heat for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Repeat until chocolate chips are melted and chocolate ganache is smooth.
- Pour the chocolate ganache over peanut butter layer and spread until evenly distributed.
- Sprinkle Butterfinger Bits evenly over the top of the ganache.
- Refrigerate brownies for 3 hours (or more). Cut into bars.
- Serve and enjoy!!