This Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta tastes amazing! The pasta is covered with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and sprinkled with bacon, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and parsley. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
Simple, fast, easy, yet flavorful pasta dishes are always popular, especially for a quick lunch or easy weeknight meal. With only 5 ingredients (+ salt and pepper) and 30 minutes, you can have a pasta dish that bursts with flavor that you will make over and over again.
In addition, you likely already have most of these ingredients in your pantry. That is how I came up with the recipe. Two days after Thanksgiving, we did not want to look at another piece of turkey, dressing, or mashed potatoes. I wanted something different, but didn’t want to spend a lot of time preparing it. I had a jar of Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto in the refrigerator, as well as spaghetti, bacon, and parmesan. This dish was created solely based on what I had on hand.
What You’ll Need To Make Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
You will need only 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper.
- Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Parmesan Cheese
For a more detailed list of ingredients with the specific amounts for each one, scroll down to the bottom of this blog post, just before the comments, for the printable recipe card.
How To Make Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
It turned out to be so easy to make. Boil the spaghetti per the instructions on the box. Meanwhile, cook the bacon. I like to cook it in the oven because it cooks evenly without curling and does not make a mess. However, it would certainly work cooking it in the skillet as well. Either way will be fine.
In a large bowl, add the spaghetti and spoon in the sun-dried tomato pesto. Stir until the pesto covers all the pasta. Toss in the bacon, dried parsley, and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
What To Serve With Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
More Recipes You’ll Love
Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1 jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried parsley use fresh if you have it
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the spaghetti per the package directions, and drain.
- Cook the bacon, either in the oven for 10 minutes or in a skillet on top of the stove. Remove and place on a plate with paper towels. Crumble the bacon.
- Dump the spaghetti into a large bowl. Stir in the sun-dried tomato pesto and cover all the spaghetti with the pesto. Sprinkle in the crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper. Toss until everything is evenly combined. Serve and enjoy!