This Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta tastes amazing! The pasta is covered with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto and sprinkled with bacon, parmesan cheese, black pepper, and parsley. Quick, easy, and delicious.
Two days after Thanksgiving, we did not want to look at another piece of turkey, dressing, or mashed potatoes. I wanted something different, but didn’t want to spend a lot of time preparing it. I had a jar of Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto in the refrigerator, as well as spaghetti, bacon, and parmesan. This dish was created solely based on what I had on hand.
It turned out to be so easy to make. Boil the spaghetti per the instructions on the box. Meanwhile, cook the bacon. I like to cook it in the oven because it cooks evenly without curling and does not make a mess. However, it would certainly work cooking it in the skillet as well. Either way will be fine.
In a large bowl, add the spaghetti and spoon in the sun-dried tomato pesto. Stir until the pesto covers all the pasta. Toss in the bacon, dried parsley, and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper. Serve and enjoy!
- 1 package spaghetti
- 1 jar sun-dried tomato pesto
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup dried parsley use fresh if you have it
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Prepare the spaghetti per the package directions, and drain.
- Cook the bacon, either in the oven for 10 minutes or in a skillet on top of the stove. Remove and place on a plate with paper towels. Crumble the bacon.
- Dump the spaghetti into a large bowl. Stir in the sun-dried tomato pesto and cover all the spaghetti with the pesto. Sprinkle in the crumbled bacon, parmesan cheese, parsley, and black pepper. Toss until everything is evenly combined. Serve and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.