These Hasselback Potatoes make an easy, delicious and gourmet side dish whenever you want to impress that special someone, or honored guests, or just to have a healthy dinner.
These potatoes get their name from Hasselbacken, the Stockholm, Sweden restaurant where it was first created.
Basically these are dressed up baked potatoes. And the best part is it is so easy but yet so impressive.
So next time, you need a side dish to impress that special someone, try these Hasselback Potatoes!
- 4 medium potatoes scrubbed (leave skin on)
- salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- chopped green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Using a sharp knife, slice across each potato 3/4th the way through, cutting it into slices about 1/8 inch wide, leaving about 1/4 inch of the potato at the bottom untouched. Be careful not to slice the potato all the way through. The potato will fan out a bit as it bakes.
- Lay the potatoes on a baking sheet covered with foil. Cut the butter into small pieces placing them between slices. Spray the outside of the potato with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. The inside should be cooked through and the outside of the potato should be a bit crispy.
- Garnish with additional parmesan and chopped green onions
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
For another healthy, quick and easy delicious potato side dish, visit my blogger friend, Shelby, at The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch, for her Grilled Potatoes with Garlic Scapes and Red Pepper or her Southwestern Cheddar Steak Fries.