Easy Crockpot Chicken Chili. I grew up on Texas chili, which is all beef and no beans. So when I first heard of chicken “chili” with white beans, my first thought was this does not qualify as chili. Is some New Yorker or California foodie trying to pass this off as chili to us Texans? LOL! However, then I tasted it. Whatever you call it (chili, stew, soup) the taste is out of this world! Of course, now I have served it for years and we Texans have adopted it as our own chili…at least in this Texas family.
To me, this chicken chili makes great comfort food. Plus, it can easily feed a crowd without a lot of effort by the cook. So it is great for football, or a party, or whenever you feel like some comfort food. It is also a great way to use up leftover chicken; and can easily be made on a weekday as well. Throw everything in a crockpot before you leave for work and dinner is ready when you get home. Serve it with the Herdez Mexican Cornbread recipe from this site and you and all of your friends will have happy tummies! They will thank you for it.
Easy Crockpot Chicken Chili
- 4 cups cooked rotisserie chicken shredded
- 3 cans white beans cannelloni or white navy beans
- 32 oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 16 oz your favorite salsa
- 1-1/2 tablespoons reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 2 tsp garlic chopped / minced
- 8 oz low fat pepper jack cheese shredded
- 2-3 jalapeños seeded and diced or 1 can diced jalapeños (optional) (see note below)
- Place everything in a slow cooker, except the cheese. Cook on low for 8 hours and go enjoy your day! Come home and stir in the shredded cheese. Serve with your favorite toppings.