This Cinnamon Roll French Toast recipe turns your favorite cinnamon rolls into sticky, sweet delicious French toast for an over-the-top breakfast or brunch!
When I was a kid, I loved the holidays because my Dad would make French toast on the weekend for breakfast. We did not have it often, but that made it extra special when we did have French toast.
When us kids were on our own, we would make cinnamon toast, which was our kids’ version of a cinnamon roll.
This Cinnamon Roll French Toast combines some of my favorite childhood breakfast memories by combining cinnamon rolls and French toast.
What is Cinnamon Roll French Toast?
Cinnamon Roll French Toast is a traditional French Toast recipe except that it is made with cinnamon rolls instead of regular bread.
It adds that cinnamon flavor and the sweetness of the cinnamon rolls to really take the French Toast over the top.
What Kind of Cinnamon Rolls Are Used in Cinnamon Roll French Toast?
You can use your favorite cinnamon rolls in this recipe. You can use:
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls, or
- Your favorite refrigerated cinnamon rolls, like Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls, or
- Cinnamon rolls from your favorite bakery.
I used refrigerated Cinnamon Rolls. I prepared them per the package instructions, baking them in the oven.
Do you Ice the Cinnamon Rolls?
Typically cinnamon rolls have a cream cheese icing that is spread on top of the cinnamon rolls. Do you ice the cinnamon rolls before making the French toast? I consider this a personal choice.
I chose to not frost the cinnamon rolls before using them to make the French toast because I thought it might make it too sweet and change the texture of the French toast. However, I have seen others where they did ice the cinnamon rolls before using them in their French toast.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- Prepare the cinnamon rolls per instructions.
2. Slice the cinnamon rolls horizontally to make them thinner. It creates twice as many cinnamon roll slices.
3. In a small bowl, add the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
4. Either dip each cinnamon roll slice in the egg and milk mixture or place the slices in a 9 x 13 pan and pour the egg and milk mixture over the slices and let them sit for about 15 minutes to give them time to soak up the eggs and milk.
5. In a hot skillet, add the butter. Then place the egg-soaked cinnamon roll slices into the hot skillet.
6. After a few minutes flip each cinnamon roll slice and cook on the other side.
What To Serve With Cinnamon Roll French Toast?
Below are a few serving suggestions for what to serve with the Cinnamon Roll French Toast.
- Maple Syrup. I highly recommend using pure maple syrup if available.
- Powdered Sugar. This makes a very pretty presentation.
- Pecans. The Cinnamon Roll French Toast is a natural to be combined with pecans.
- Serve with sausage, bacon, or fruit on the side.
When To Serve Cinnamon Roll French Toast?
Cinnamon Roll French Toast is perfect to serve for a weekend breakfast or brunch. It is perfect for a holiday brunch or Mother’s Day brunch as well.
Where Can I Find Other Recipes Like Cinnamon Roll French Toast?
- Be sure to check out these other recipes if you like this Cinnamon Roll French Toast.
You may also like these other recipes for breakfast!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Cinnamon Roll French Toast
- 1 17-ounce can refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a round baking pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare the refrigerated cinnamon rolls per the package directions.
- When the cinnamon rolls are out of the oven, slice them horizontally so you have twice as many thin cinnamon roll slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
- Place the cinnamon roll slices in a 9 x 13 pan. Pour the egg mixture over the top and let them soak in the liquid for about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add butter. When the pan is hot, add the cinnamon roll slices and cook for about 2 minutes, turn and cook on the other side for another 2 minutes. Repeat for all slices.
- Remove from heat. Place on serving plate and pour maple syrup over the top. Enjoy!
Pin To Save