This sweet, salty, creamy and crispy Apple Maple Bacon Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast makes a breakfast extra special. It is perfect for a weekend or holiday brunch.
I want to thank Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Be sure to scroll down to the end for the recipe!
We celebrated my sister’s birthday this past weekend. She and her husband love aviation and flying airplanes. So we went to see the movie about the famous pilot who landed the jet in the Hudson River a few years ago. We all really enjoyed that, and then all of us went out to dinner.
While at dinner I told her in honor of her birthday I would make her a special recipe for a birthday brunch. I think it made her a little nervous.
You see she and I have very different tastes when it comes to food. I love spicy foods with lots of flavors, and she loves food with little or no spice, and no heat. It is hard to believe we grew up in the same family if you were to just look at our food preferences. However, I knew what to make for her for brunch because I knew she loved sweets.
For her breakfast brunch, I made this Apple Maple Bacon Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast. I knew she would love it because it is sweet with the Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread, cream cheese and apples, yet a little salty and sweet with the maple bacon. It also contains a variety of textures with the French Toast that is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside and the crisp bacon and the creamy cream cheese. It is an explosion of flavors and textures.
When she and her husband arrived for brunch, I kind of held my breath to see what she thought. The verdict? It was two thumbs up from both her and her husband.
This breakfast dish definitely has a lot going on. However, the main reason it is special is that it uses Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread. For starters, who doesn’t love that cinnamon aroma? In addition, even right out of the package, it is soft with moist, plump raisins. I had to stop myself from eating the bread so I could start cooking.
It cooked up perfectly for the French toast. It was golden with plump raisins and you could smell the cinnamon while it cooked. While I was making the French toast, I could not wait to finish because it smelled so good.
I love using quality ingredients in my recipes that I can feel good about serving to my family. That is another reason I love Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread. It has no High Fructose Corn Syrup, no artificial dyes, no trans fats, no cholesterol, and it is non-GMO.
If you want to learn more about Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread and Martin’s Famous Potato Rolls and Bread be sure to visit their website and follow them on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for more recipe ideas.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Apple Maple Bacon Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- 8 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half and half or 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 slices Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 8 slices Maple Bacon chopped (see recipe below)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, granulated sugar, and vanilla.
- Dip each slice of Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread into the egg mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat and melt butter.
- Add the soaked slices of Martin’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Potato Bread to the hot skillet and cook for about 4 minutes on each side until the outside is a light golden brown and the inside is heated through. When cooked, remove the French toast to a serving platter or individual serving plates.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of half of the slices of French toast.
- Spoon about 2 - 3 tablespoon of the apple pie filling on top of the cream cheese on each piece of cream cheese covered French toast.
- Sprinkle each with a dash of cinnamon.
- Divide the crumbled bacon evenly between the 4 apple-covered slices of French toast and place the bacon pieces on top of the apple pie filling.
- Cover the top of each Apple Maple Bacon Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with one slice of cooked French Toast.
- Drizzle each serving of Apple Maple Bacon Stuffed Cinnamon Raisin French Toast with maple syrup and sprinkle with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- To make the Maple Bacon, place the brown sugar in a small bowl and pour the maple syrup into a separate small bowl. Dredge each slice of bacon into the brown sugar and then into the maple syrup. Place the strips of bacon on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes to 18 minutes. Watch closely so it does not burn.