These 10 Easy (Mostly) Healthy 30-Minute Dinners are quick and easy, delicious meals your family will love and you can feel good about serving them.
What Does Healthy Mean To You?
While everyone wants a delicious dinner fast, they want to feel good about the food that they eat and serve to their family. They want healthy food. But what is healthy? That can mean different things to different people. To some that means meatless meals, either vegetarian or vegan, to others, it is low carb meals, with meats and low carb vegetables primarily, to others, it is no sugar. To me, these recipes have few ingredients, are made with natural foods, and little to no processed foods. Many of these recipes fit into several of popular diets, such as low carb, Paleo, Keto, Mediterranean, and many others.
Tips To Get Dinner On The Table Fast!
While we want delicious and healthy dinners, that is not enough. We are so busy these days, we don’t have a lot of time to prepare meals. Therefore, we want quick and easy meal prep, and we want dinner on the table in 30-minutes or less. Therefore, I’m sharing my favorite time-saving tips to get dinner on the table fast. Some of it requires planning and preparation ahead of time.
- Tip 1: Make a Weekly Dinner Plan. Things go much faster when you have already planned what you are going to have for dinner and already have all the ingredients for those recipes. This will save you a trip to the grocery store after a long busy day.
- Tip 2: Prepare Ingredients Ahead of Time. Save time on a busy weeknight be pre-chopping vegetables at the beginning of the week. Place them in zip top bags or containers and have in the refrigerator so they are ready to go when you need them. It makes weeknight meal preparation much faster.
- Tip 3: Keep A Stocked Pantry and Spice Rack. Keep a well stocked pantry and spice rack. Keep your favorite spices on hand so they are available at a moments notice. Keep pantry staple items on hand that you use often. Examples would be chicken broth, rice, lentils, or beans.
- Tip 4: Choose Fast Cooking Methods. Some cooking methods take more time. Each has its purpose. A slow cooker will take hours to cook meals, while stir frying in a skillet or wok on the stove may take only 15 minutes. Consider more skillet dinners or using an Instant Pot Pressure Cooker instead of simmering something for hours.
On To The Recipes!
I have included a variety of recipes to help you prepare wholesome, easy healthy 30-minutes dinners that your family will love.
- Thai Steak Salad – This salad is exploding with flavor with grilled sirloin steak on top of fresh, crisp salad greens, shredded carrots, red Thai chili peppers, and cilantro, and drizzled with a Thai Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.
- Spicy Pesto Shrimp Primavera – Inspired by a shrimp dinner from a local restaurant, this Spicy Pesto Shrimp Primavera has mildly spicy, hugely flavorful Shrimp, with red bell peppers, asparagus, and spinach with a Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto with Parmesan cheese.
- Greek Turkey Taco Lettuce Wraps – Lighter versions of gyros or tacos, Greek seasoned ground turkey is served in lettuce wraps, with tomatoes, cucumbers, and feta, instead of pitas or tortillas.
- Cajun Blackened Chicken – A delicious, spicy, quick and easy chicken dish that is a perfect recipe for Mardi Gras or anytime you want a quick, easy, and delicious dinner.
- Cajun Blackened Salmon – A hugely flavorful, mildly spicy salmon filet that can be on the dinner table in less than 30 minutes.
- Eggroll In A Bowl (Crack Slaw) – An easy low carb, one-skillet meal that is bursting with flavor and can be on the table in 20 minutes. It tastes so delicious that it is addicting and earned the nickname, Crack Slaw.
- Lemon Thyme Turkey Breast Cutlets – A wholesome, quick and easy weeknight dinner that is classy enough for a light holiday dinner.
- Instant Pot Ham Green Beans And Potatoes – A classic Southern one-pot meal, often slow cooked in a crockpot with a ham hock, but this short cut method uses chopped ham in an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Rotisserie Chicken Tenders – Baked on a sheet pan with a Rotisserie Chicken rub or seasoning that make these moist, juicy chicken tenders flavorful and delicious!
- Vegetarian Mexican Stuffed Peppers – These peppers are stuffed with a medley of vegetables (and no rice), including riced cauliflower and sweet potato, roasted broccoli, black beans, and corn, with enchilada sauce and Mexican seasonings.
There you have it! Our 10 Easy (Mostly) Healthy 30-Minute Dinners. Which one will you try first? Which one will be your favorite? Be sure to share with you friends as well. After you try some of the recipes, be sure to swing back by here and leave a comment and let us know how you liked them! Enjoy!