Thai Steak Salad is incredibly flavorful with grilled sirloin steak on top of crisp salad greens, shredded carrots, red Thai chili peppers, and cilantro, and drizzled with a Thai Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette.
For a weeknight dinner at our house, it has to be fast! Fast to cook and fast to clean, but that is so we can take our time and savor the flavors in this Thai Steak Salad while we relax and visit over a healthy meal.
Weeknights are hectic, and after a long workday and long commute home, as soon as I walk in the door, my family is hungry and asking when dinner will be ready. With this Thai Steak Salad, dinner will be on the table in 30 minutes! I love grilling the steak because it adds a delicious smoky flavor and because it cooks fast.
The other thing I love about this salad is that I can feel good about serving it to my family. It has healthy lean protein with the sirloin steak and lots of vegetables to make it a well balanced meal. It is important that I make healthy, balanced meals, especially for my Mother-in-Law, who is diabetic. However, both Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I are also striving to eat healthier to lose weight.
Let’s be honest. As healthy as it is, we love it because of the amazing flavors in this Thai Steak Salad, and it’s beautiful presentation. Mr. Flavor Mosaic and my Mother-in-Law can be very particular about their dinner. However, both love this salad.
If you’d like more information about the nutrition of beef and how it can be part of a healthy eating plan, visit the Beef Checkoff website. For more recipe ideas, check out their Healthy Meals with Beef Pinterest board, or follow the Beef Checkoff on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
This post is sponsored by The Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Thai Steak Salad #WeekdaySupper
- 1 teaspoon pepper freshly ground
- 1 pound beef sirloin trimmed
- 1/2 small head red cabbage shredded
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves optional
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts optional
- 3 Red Thai Chili Peppers chopped (optional)
Thai Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat grill or skillet over medium-high heat. While the pan is heating, rub black pepper into beef sirloin. Place sirloin on grill or in skillet and cook for about 4-5 minutes, turn and sear about 3 minutes on other side. Remove sirloin to platter and let rest.
- While beef is resting, in large mixing bowl combine salad greens, cabbage, radishes, cilantro, peanuts and hot peppers.
- Slice sirloin thin across the grain and place on top of salad.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the vinaigrette. Pour or drizzle vinaigrette over salad.
Enjoy more healthy recipes with beef as the star ingredient. Each recipe is designed for weekday cooking!
Monday: Thai Steak Salad from Flavor Mosaic
Tuesday: Pan Seared Steak with Chimichurri from Life Tastes Good.
Wednesday: Naanwich Steak Wrap from Recipe for Perfection
Thursday: Flank Steak Salad Bowl from Shockingly Delicious
Friday: Spicy Beef and Veggie Noodles from I’m Not The Nanny
Oh wow! Looks scrumptious!
Michele, I wish I had this salad for lunch today!! That Thai Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette sounds amazing! I bet it goes great with the beef! Thanks for sharing!
Katie @ Recipe for Perfection says
This is just beautiful! I love the Thai flavors.
Kathy Clark says
Gorgeous salad Michele, it is so eye appealing and sounds delicious!
Dorothy at Shockingly Delicious says
Love me some Thai, and love me some steak salad!
That vinaigrette sounds delish! I love Asian flavors on my salad.