This Easy Kung Pao Chicken Recipe is a quick and easy Chinese inspired recipe that can be ready in less than 30 minutes, and makes a great weeknight meal to celebrate Chinese New Year or for any time of year.
Did I mention that I was a now a contributor to Penney Lane Kitchen? Kathy is a fantastic blogger with great recipes. I’m thrilled to be working with her. My first contributor post for her blog is my Easy Kung Pao Chicken Recipe.
This Easy Kung Pao Chicken Recipe offers:
- a quick and easy complete meal with chicken, vegetables, kung pao sauce, and rice in under 30 minutes;
- a restaurant quality Chinese dinner that tastes better than take out, and is made using mostly pantry ingredients;
- a few tidbits of trivia about the upcoming Chinese New Year to impress your friends;
- an ahhhh-mazing sweet, spicy, and savory Kung Pao sauce.
Our favorite place for Kung Pao Chicken was a little family-owned restaurant near our house. We ate there for a number of years until the restaurant closed. We tried several other restaurants afterward but their Kung Pao was not the same. We gave up trying to find another restaurant, and instead now I make the Kung Pao Chicken at home.
To make this recipe you will need sesame oil and Hoisin sauce. Both of these have incredible flavor and I recommend making both a pantry staple. They are found in the International aisles of most grocery stores, or should be available at your local Asian market. I understand that you may not want to buy an ingredient just for one recipe, which is why I also recommend checking out some of my other favorite Asian dishes that use either Hoisin sauce or Sesame Oil:
- Pepper Steak in Wonton Cups – a wonderful Asian-inspired bite-sized appetizer
- Sticky Asian Chicken Wings – a sweet and spicy Asian inspired chicken wings.
- Spicy Orange Chicken – a chicken dish in a sweet and spicy orange sauce similar to a popular restaurant chain.
You have a reason to make several of these recipes this week because in a couple of days, it is going to be Chinese New Year!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on: