Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a super easy no-fail delicious recipe that can feed a crowd for your game day party or provide an easy weeknight dinner for the family.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches are always a hit with family and friends. I love it because making the pulled pork is so ridiculously easy, and let’s face it, these are a working mom’s dream! It is super easy to drop it in the slow cooker in the morning and go about your day and have dinner ready when you get home!
You can even get the kids to get rest of the sandwich fixings out, and make a self-serve sandwich bar, which is especially great at a party. That way everyone can customize their sandwich to their taste using various condiments such as BBQ sauce, or mustard, jalapenos, lettuce, or whatever they like. However, slow cooking the pulled pork gives it so much flavor that it does not need a ton of additional toppings. The pulled pork is also very versatile. If someone didn’t want a sandwich, they could put it on top of a salad, or in tortillas for tacos, or in a wrap, or even in Mexican dishes such as enchiladas, quesadillas, or chalupas.
With the March basketball games coming up, this is one of the best ways to easily and cheaply feed a crowd and keep them happy while watching the big game and cheering for their team. No matter which team wins, you are certain to be the MVP of the game day party. I already have these planned to make again next week, and everyone is already looking forward to them.
With whom will you be sharing these incredibly delicious Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder or 2 1/2 pounds bone-in
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cup red salsa
- burger buns
- Rinse and dry the pork shoulder. Sprinkle with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the oregano, cumin and chili powder with olive oil and rub all over the pork. Place the pork in a slow cooker and top with the onion and garlic. Squeeze the juice of the 2 orange over the pork, and pour in the salsa. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high 4 hours.
- Once the meat is tender, remove from slow cooker and let cool slightly before pulling apart with two forks. Return to the slow cooker and pour juices over the pork.
- Serve the pulled pork on burger or sandwich buns and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to check out the other Pork recipes on Flavor Mosaic.