This delicious Rustic Spanish Potato Omelette recipe, based on the Tortilla Espanola dish served in Spain, is super easy and can be served hot or cold for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, or as a “tapas” or appetizer.
I love trying foods from different parts of the world. I may not get to travel there but I can eat their food! (Isn’t that the best part?) This Rustic Spanish Potato Omelette Recipe, or Tortilla Espanola as it is known, is one of the most popular “Tapas” or appetizers in Spain. The main ingredients are eggs and potatoes, and while it is most commonly made with onions, it can be varied with green peppers, zucchini or red peppers. Served hot or cold, it is one of the easiest family friendly recipes you can make.
I make it even easier by using Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion. It saves me time from having to peel and dice the potatoes and onions, which is great on busy weeknights or weekends. (When is it ever not busy!)
I also like that Simply Potatoes are made with real ingredients, and are fresh and never frozen. (Yay! I don’t need a PhD in chemistry to understand the ingredients!) They are made by Crystal Farms Company, whom you may know for their cheese, eggs, butter and english muffins. In the grocery store, you can find Simply Potatoes in the refrigerated dairy section.
I use Simply Potatoes all the time. They are great for easy kid-friendly weeknight recipes or weekend family breakfasts. They are also perfect for adding to one dish meals (My favorite feature because who likes washing dishes!). I have also used them in overnight breakfast casseroles during the holidays when family is staying overnight.
For more recipes visit Simply Potatoes Favorites.
Don’t be shy! Be social-able and follow Simply Potatoes on Pinterest, and @SimplyPotatoes on Twitter.
Let them know what recipe you will make with Simply Potatoes!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Onions
- Salt and Pepper to taste, divided
- 8 eggs
- Green onion, chopped (for garnish)
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil. Add Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes and Onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until heated through.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs together with salt and pepper. Pour eggs into pan and stir gently to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook until eggs begin to brown.
- Go around the edge of the omelette with a spatula to loosen the sides and bottom. Invert a large plate over the skillet, and carefully turn the omelet out onto the plate. Slide the omelet back into the skillet with the uncooked side down. Cook until eggs are set. Garnish omelet with chopped green onions.