This Roasted Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew is made with freshly roasted Hatch green chiles and pork, onions and tomatoes to spice up the party or dinnertime!
It is Hatch Green Chile Season! Whoohoo!! I look forward to this all year long! I know my blog is devoted to Texas recipes, but today I have to give a nod to our neighbor to the west, New Mexico.
Why New Mexico? Because the Hatch Green Chiles originate from new Mexico! I will give credit where credit is due. Even though these are from new Mexico, we in Texas will happily celebrate this delicious, spicy green chile!
Thankfully, H-E-B loves Hatch Green Chile Season too! To celebrate, they not only have a wide variety of hatch chile products, some stores will even be doing fresh chile roastings to save you time! How cool is that!
I was amazed at the variety of Hatch chile products that H-E-B carried. I picked up these fully cooked Hatch Green Chile Chicken Empanadas, with Hatch Chile Guacamole, Hatch Pepper Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese, and Hatch Chile Pita Chips, Central Market Hatch Chile Salsa Verde, and, of course, in-store Roasted Hot Hatch Chile Peppers.
Next time I want to be sure and pick up the Central Market Hatch Queso, Central Market Hatch Chile & Sweet Lime Sandwich cookies and H‑E‑B Simply Wrapped Hatch Chili Poppers.
This Roasted Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew is made quick and easy by using the in-store freshly Roasted Hatch Chile Peppers. That speeds up the recipe tremendously.
Plus with so many Hatch Chile products, you can put on a spicy spread in no time!
In addition to the Roasted Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew, I made heated up these Hatch Green Chile Chicken Empanadas and served them with Central Market Hatch Chile Salsa Verde.
Be sure to explore your H-E-B when you go shopping to pick up not only in-store Hatch Roasted Chiles but also this beautiful Cocinaware cookware to help you prepare and serve your meals.
In order to prepare this Roasted Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew, you will need Roasted Hatch Chile Peppers.
You could roast them yourself, or you could do what I did, and let H-E-B do the roasting for you and buy them already roasted.
Then all you have to do is dice the roasted Hatch chile peppers. I recommend wearing gloves while chopping them because they can be very hot.
Cook the pork stew meat in a large, deep skillet and then add the onions and roasted Hatch green chiles.
You can serve this Roasted Hatch Green Chile Pork Stew over rice or with tortillas.
If you want to try this recipe or pick up one of the many Hatch chile products, be sure to stop by your local H-E-B very soon because it is for a limited time only from August 8th to August 22nd.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 ½ pounds pork butt or shoulder cut into small chunks
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped H-E-B in-store freshly Roasted Hatch Green Chilies
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 14- ounce can diced tomatoes drained
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- In a large, deep skillet, or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook the pork cubes for about 10 minutes. Add the onion and a sprinkle of salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens slightly, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the diced Roasted Hatch Green Chiles.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, and chicken broth, not quite enough to cover the mixture. Bring to a boil, and let it boil vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes more. Serve with warm flour tortillas or over rice.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of H-E-B. The opinions and text are all mine.