Ritz Fried Ravioli is inspired by the mouthwatering appetizers served in the Italian restaurants in New York City’s Little Italy neighborhood. These Ritz Fried Ravioli, with a light, crunchy Ritz cracker crust with grated parmesan, will be a hit at your game day party.
Ritz Fried Ravioli is made with cheese ravioli, coated with the buttery taste of crushed Ritz crackers, garlic powder, and herbs, and is quickly fried and drained and then sprinkled with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley. Serve hot with marinara sauce for dipping for a delicious, quick and easy appetizer.
I created this recipe as part of the RITZ NY Blitz campaign with AllRecipes! I have partnered with RITZ Crackers and Allrecipes.com and other AllRecipes Allstar food bloggers to make Game Day Bites inspired by New York City!
In addition, four chefs from several iconic New York restaurants created recipes too! You can see my recipe on Allrecipes.com: RITZ Fried Ravioli. To see all the Ritz NYBlitz game day recipes, go to AllRecipes.com.
With the big game being hosted by New York this year, I was asked to create an original delicious Game Day appetizer inspired by one of New York City’s iconic restaurants or neighborhoods. I chose an Italian inspired appetizer, Ritz Fried Ravioli, inspired by the many restaurants in Little Italy. (Disclaimer: I received no product or compensation from Ritz crackers or AllRecipes in order to develop an original recipe and give an honest review. I purchased the product. The opinions expressed, photos, and recipe in this post are my own.)
I have been fortunate to travel to New York City on business and stay in Midtown Manhattan near Times Square.
I was close enough to walk to Times Square and see the bright lights and hustle bustle of all the stores and restaurants. Now I understand why they say this city has an energy all its own.
While it has an energy, it also has Central Park, which is a huge park. I was there on a Sunday morning and it was quiet and peaceful.
While there I visited Bryant Park in the middle of the skyscrapers and saw another skating rink and everything dressed up for Christmas. I love this photo of the Christmas tree with the Empire State Building in the background.
I loved going to see the Broadway shows. New York City is a blast and has fabulous food.
Ritz Fried Ravioli
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 20 RITZ Crackers
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) package large refrigerated cheese ravioli (about 24)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups warm marinara sauce for dipping optional
- Chopped fresh parsley optional
- In a large frying pan, over medium heat, add the vegetable oil until it is about 2 inches deep. Heat to 325 degrees F.
- While the oil is heating, place the RITZ Crackers in a food processor and pulse until the crackers are crushed into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a shallow dish. Add the garlic powder, pepper, Italian seasoning and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese. Stir until all spices are evenly distributed.
- Whisk together the egg and milk in a bowl.
- Dip each ravioli in the egg mixture, then into the RITZ cracker crumbs. Be sure each ravioli is evenly coated with cracker crumbs. Shake off any excess.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add small batches of the RITZ cracker-coated ravioli into the oil. Fry for approximately 1 minute on each side. Watch closely so they do not burn; they cook quickly. When ravioli are golden brown on each side, remove from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Sprinkle the ravioli with remaining grated parmesan cheese and (optional) chopped parsley. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
By Doug of Behind the Shades: RITZ Steakhouse Bites
By Renee of Renee’s Kitchen Adventures: RITZ Cuban Minis
By Lillian of My Recipe Journey: RITZ Push-Cart Hot Dog Bites
By Shelby of Grumpy’s Honey Bunch: RITZ New York Style Mini Crumb Cheesecakes
By Marion of Life Tastes Good: RITZ Spicy Asian Wings
By Melissa of The 7Up Experience: RITZ Hazelnut Gelato Sandwich