Weeknight dinners at our house are thrown together so quickly that Minute® Rice is a pantry staple because it is both quick and easy and gluten-free. So when I was asked if I would partner with them to create a recipe (this healthy Ricotta Rice Tomatoes Florentine recipe) and include a giveaway an awesome KitchenAid Stand Mixer, I naturally said yes.
When I saw the new Minute ® Multi-Grain Medley product at the store, I knew I wanted to try it. It is a blend of four gluten free 100% whole grains, including Brown Rice, Thai Red Rice, Wild Rice, and Quinoa. I love the slightly chewy, nutty flavor and texture, and the fact that it is ready in only 10 minutes. The pre-portioned bags make it even easier to prepare for my family.
Minute® Rice has been a staple in my pantry and my family’s pantries for as long as I can remember. With this new product, I wanted to make something special using fresh ingredients.
With the warmer weather, we are using more fresh ingredients but still want to make dinners quick and easy. I decided to create these Ricotta Rice Tomatoes Florentine, which consists of big, fresh tomatoes, stuffed with a mixture of ricotta and parmesan cheeses, fresh sautéed baby spinach, minced garlic and Minute ® Multi-Grain Medley product.
As written, this recipe is a meatless meal, however, you could easily add shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken to the ricotta mixture.
Visit the Minute® Rice web site to learn about all their Minute® Rice products, including Minute® White Rice, Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice, in addition to the Minute ® Multi-Grain Medley.
For recipe ideas and special offers from Minute Rice straight sent to your inbox, join The Riceipe Club® by signing up for the Minute® Rice Riceipe Club.
Be sure to enter the KitchenAid Giveaway below.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Ricotta Rice Tomatoes Florentine
- 4 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 1 cup prepared Minute Multi-Grain Medley
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese I used part-skim
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- chopped green onions or italian parsley for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the tops off of each of the 4 tomatoes. Using a spoon, scoop out the insides of each tomato. You may have to use a small sharp knife to remove some of it. Set aside the scooped out tomato because that could be used in another recipe.
- Set aside the tomato "shells."
- Combine water and contents of one bag of Minute Multi-Grain Medley in a medium saucepan over medium high heat and stir. Bring to a boil. Then turn down the heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil. Then stir in the fresh baby spinach and continue stirring for 2 or 3 minutes until it wilts.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, the cooked spinach and garlic, and a 1/2 cup of the Minute Multi-Grain Medley. Stir in Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into each tomato. I find that an ice cream scoop works well for this. Sprinkle more parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake the tomatoes in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
WAIT! Don’t leave! There’s more! Enter to win a KitchenAid® Artisan® Series 5-Quart Tilt-Head Stand Mixer below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice. However, all opinions are 100% mine.