This post is sponsored by the Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Korean BBQ Pepper Nachos are an easy, flavorful and healthy appetizer perfect for the big game or any time.
After the start of the new year both Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I have been trying to eat healthier without giving up our favorite foods. Does this sound familiar? It is a constant struggle. We both grew up on meat and potatoes, Tex-Mex, and Texas barbecue with few vegetables, and we knew we needed to eat a more balanced diet. Beef has always been a major part of our meals, and we wanted to keep it as a part of our diet.
These Korean BBQ Pepper Nachos give us both tons of flavor and protein because they include strips of boneless Top Sirloin Steak. I like it because the sirloin steak is lean, economical, and has incredible flavor when marinated and stir fried. With all the flavor no one will even guess that it fits into a healthy eating plan.
Marinating the thinly sliced sirloin steak for just 10 minutes in the Korean BBQ marinade adds incredible flavor to the natural flavor of the beef. The amazing thing is that it is so easy.
By serving the Korean BBQ with healthy fresh vegetables, such as these sliced green bell peppers and mini yellow, orange and red sweet peppers, and whole grains, you create a colorful balanced meal with protein vitamins and minerals.
These Korean BBQ Pepper Nachos make a stunning presentation as well when topped with grated carrots, red cabbage, and chopped green onions and served as an appetizer; or serve these with healthy whole grains like brown rice or quinoa for a balanced meal.
For an easy tool to find lean cuts of beef, visit the Interactive Butcher Counter and search for cuts that have the green LEAN symbol.
Click here to check out the Healthy Meals with Beef Pinterest board, and get the latest recipes and offers by following the Beef Checkoff on Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Youtube.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Korean BBQ Pepper Nachos #SundaySupper
- 2 pounds sirloin steak thinly sliced in small strips
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 bell peppers sliced in wide slices
- 1 dozen red orange, and yellow mini sweet peppers, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- Garnish with chopped red cabbage green onions, and water chestnuts
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly all over the strips of steak. Allow beef to sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, rice wine, and black pepper. Add beef to the soy sauce mixture and marinade for about 10 minutes.
- In a skillet or wok over medium high heat, cook the steak for about 2-3 minutes until browned and no longer pink.
- Place sliced halved mini bell peppers on a plate over cooked brown rice or quinoa.
- Top the mini bell peppers with the cooked Korean BBQ steak.
- Top with chopped red cabbage, green onions, and water chestnuts.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by the Beef Checkoff in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.