During the holidays, fresh vegetables, including carrots, are not always the favorite in our family. However, carrots will probably be the one of the most popular vegetables. These glazed carrots will usually get a thumbs up from the non-vegetable eating crowd, even the kids.
Even better, this glazed carrot recipe is so quick and easy to make. Only a handful of ingredients in a skillet over the stove and in 15 minutes you have a beautiful side dish.
To save time I bought a bag of pre-sliced carrots that will allow the carrots to cook faster. However, if you want fresh carrots, just peel and thinly slice before cooking.
So simple, anyone can make. Enjoy these beautifully glazed carrots for your holiday dinner, or anytime you want a delicious quick and easy side dish.
- 1 pound fresh carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the butter.
- Stir in the sliced carrots.
- Pour in chicken broth and orange juice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and stir.
- Cook uncovered for 5 more minutes until the sauce thickens and turns into a glaze. Toss the carrots so they are evenly coated.
Want more? Try these excellent recipes!