I have partnered with Honeysuckle White® Turkey to bring you these Easy Turkey Fajitas. As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
Easy Turkey Fajitas make a delicious, healthy Mexican dinner that can be on the table in 30 minutes. By using either Seasoned Honeysuckle White®’s Seasoned Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas or Honeysuckle White®’s Ready to Season Turkey Breast Strips, you can have dinner on the table fast!
No Marinating Required
While I love fajitas, making them requires planning. It requires you to plan ahead to start marinating the fajitas the night before. If you want to use the slow cooker to make crockpot fajitas, you have to plan 4 – 8 hours ahead.
What if you decide after work that you want fajitas for dinner but don’t want to go out to eat? What do you do?
That is when you pull out the Honeysuckle White Marinated Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas or Honeysuckle White Ready To Season Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas. I love that Honeysuckle gives you the choice of whether to use the pre-marinated fajitas or whether to use your own fajita seasoning.
Use Quality Ingredients
I like using Honeysuckle White Brand Turkey because they have no added hormones or steroids and do not use growth-promoting antibiotics.
In addition, they are raised by independent family farmers. I visited one of their turkey farms last year and saw the lengths they go to in order to raise healthy turkeys.
On the East Coast, you will find them under the brand name Shady Brook Farms.
How To Prepare Easy Turkey Fajitas
Making these Turkey Fajitas could not be any easier. For the Seasoned Turkey Breast Strips just cook them in a pan with a little oil over medium heat for about 5 or 6 minutes and then turn and cook them for a few more minutes until they reach 165 degrees F and are no longer pink. (See the printable recipe below for more detailed instructions.)
You can use that pan on a stovetop, or on a grill, whichever you prefer.
I like to cook the turkey fajitas with sliced red and green bell peppers, and sliced onions for even more flavor.
For the Honeysuckle Ready To Season Turkey Breast Strips, I recommend seasoning them first with my Homemade Fajita Seasoning before adding them to the pan. Then prepare the same way as the Seasoned Turkey Breast Strips.
How To Serve Turkey Fajitas
If you are not familiar with fajitas, the turkey fajita meat is typically served wrapped in flour tortillas (you could use corn tortillas as well) along with sauteed onions, and red and green bell peppers.
When To Serve Easy Turkey Fajitas
Cinco De Mayo (5th of May) is a perfect time to serve these Easy Turkey Fajitas. Create a Mexican Fiesta dinner with these Turkey Fajitas. They are so easy to make that you will have time to enjoy the party instead of slaving away over the stove.
What To Serve With Turkey Fajitas
In addition to sauteed onions, bell peppers, and tortillas, round out your Cinco De Mayo menu with these other Mexican favorites!
- Guacamole – Fresh avocado with tomatoes, onions, garlic, and cilantro makes a creamy, zesty dip for your Mexican Fiesta party.
- Pico De Gallo – Fresh tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, garlic, lime juice, and chopped cilantro spice up any Cinco de Mayo party.
- Mango Habanero Salsa – Fresh sweet mangos combined with spicy habanero peppers make an extra sweet and spicy salsa for any Cinco De Mayo party.
- Mexican Street Corn Salad – This fresh, spicy corn salad is reminiscent of Elote, or Mexican Street Corn served with chili-lime cream sauce.
Hurry! Cinco De Mayo is only a few days away! Head to your grocery store to pick up some Honeysuckle White Seasoned Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas or Honeysuckle White Ready To Season Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas to be ready for your Cinco De Mayo Mexican Fiesta.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Easy Turkey Fajitas
- 1 lb Honeysuckle White®’s Seasoned Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas or Honeysuckle White®'s Ready to Season Turkey Breast Strips
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Fajita Seasoning (Optional)
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Add the sliced onions and sliced red and green bell peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent and the bell peppers are fork tender. Remove onions and peppers and set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add additional oil. When hot, add the Honeysuckle White's Seasoned or Ready To Season Turkey Breast Strips for Fajitas and cook for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Turn the fajitas and cook the other side for about 3 or 4 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F and is no longer pink.
- Remove the fajitas and serve with the onions and bell peppers in flour tortillas.