To say Texas has lots of Tex-Mex restaurants would be a huge understatement. We have one on almost every corner. Each one has its own specialty.
One of the more popular chains in Texas and other Southeastern states is Chuy’s. They have many wonderful dishes, but what makes people keep coming back is their creamy jalapeño dip. It is what they are famous for. It is what everyone raves about.
My sister shared her copycat recipe with me over the phone, and it was good. However, to me, it was missing something. I made it again, only this time I added a 1/3 cup Herdez Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce; and that took it over the top. Perfection! I had to force myself to stop eating it. I could live off this dip and chips! Yes. I’m addicted to it.
What makes it so special? It is creamy, spicy, full-flavored and marries well with crunchy, salty tortilla chips. The combination of sour cream, tomatillo verde sauce, ranch dressing mix, garlic, cilantro, and jalapeños just makes me melt thinking about it. And it is so easy. Just throw everything in a food processor and refrigerate. It is best made well ahead of time if you can wait that long. Go ahead and try it. You will be addicted too!
Creamy Tomatillo Jalapeno Ranch Dip
- 1 16 ounce container sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 1 ounce packages ranch dressing mix
- 1/3 cup Herdez Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 can chopped jalapeños or 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and chopped (or for more heat leave in the seeds)
- 2 cloves garlic minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- Place the Herdez Tomatillo Verde Cooking sauce, cilantro, garlic and jalapeños in a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Add the sour cream and ranch dressing mix and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate for about two hours to allow for the flavor to develop.
Want more? Try my Copy cat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi recipe:
Want more Tomatillo dips? Try my Creamy Tomatillo Verde Avocado Salsa Dip.
How about a Buffalo Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pizza for your party?