Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Coffee Cake is a delicious pumpkin coffee cake with a buttery cinnamon-sugar mixture swirled throughout the cake.
Have you ever made a mistake that ended up turning out much better than your original idea? That happened to me with this recipe, Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Coffee Cake.
I originally set out to make Pumpkin donut muffins. You know those little mini muffins that taste like donuts and are rolled in cinnamon sugar.
I made the pumpkin dough. No problem. Easy peasy! Then I melted the butter. Then I don’t know what I was thinking.
Instead of adding the cinnamon and sugar into a separate bowl. I added them in with the melted butter. After I did that I immediately realized my mistake.
My first thought was to throw out that batch of buttery cinnamon sugar, but I hate to waste ingredients. Instead I improvised. I poured the pumpkin batter into a cake pan. Then a dropped spoonfuls of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of it.
Then I swirled the cinnamon sugar mixture throughout the pumpkin batter and baked it just like a cake. And Voila! You have Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Donut Coffee Cake! My new recipe!
Mr. Flavor Mosaic said this recipe was a winner!
Learn from my mistake and bake this delicious Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Donut Coffee Cake today!
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Cinnamon Swirl Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Pumpkin Coffee Cake
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- With a whisk, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
- In a separate bowl mix the pumpkin, vegetable oil, sugar, egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together until just combined.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 cake pan.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, add melted butter, cinnamon, and sugar for the cinnamon swirl.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the batter. With a knife, swirl the cinnamon sugar mixture throughout the pumpkin batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for about 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, to make the glaze, mix together powdered sugar and a little milk. You may have to add a little more milk to get the right consistency.
- When the pumpkin cake has cooled some, drizzle the glaze over the top of the cake.
If you like this recipe, be sure to also check out my most popular recipe, Pumpkin Praline Bread Pudding.
For another amazing pumpkin recipe, try my Pumpkin Tres Leches Cake.
For another fall recipe, try my Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding.
If you are still looking for pumpkin muffins try these Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Drizzled with White Chocolate.
© FLAVOR MOSAIC. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.