This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias
Chipotle Butternut Squash Skillet Mac ‘n Cheese is a quick and easy, naturally cheesy one dish fall comfort food, made with Kraft Natural Shreds, that can be prepared on the stove or on the grill for your next tailgating or home entertaining party!
Ahhhh! Fall is in the air! We had our first day of slightly cooler weather and an entire weekend of football! Mr. Flavor Mosaic was ecstatic that football season has started. He got decked out in his team jersey and hat, and happily assumed his position as armchair quarterback. While we love to go to the football games, most often we are watching them at home with family and friends.
Also, with the cooler weather we wanted some fall comfort food while we watched the game. To me there is nothing more comforting and representative of fall than macaroni and cheese. However, I don’t have time to bake it in the oven. Also, I wanted to make a more wholesome version so I sneaked in some butternut squash into the mac and cheese and didn’t tell anyone. Yep I’m sneaky like that. Guess what! No one had any idea that it had the butternut squash in it. Score! I’m doing my own touchdown dance because it is a win-win for me and the family!
After work I stopped by Walmart to pick up up the Kraft Sharp Cheddar Natural Shreds, and saw that they also had a block of Kraft Natural Chipotle Monterrey Jack Cheese! Perfect! That will be a nice complement to the creamy Kraft Sharp Cheddar Natural Shreds, which I like to use in a mac ‘n cheese because they melt so easily and smoothly.
This Chipotle Butternut Squash Skillet Mac ‘n Cheese is so quick and easy to make that you can make it in one skillet either on the stove or on the grill. There is no need to bake it in the oven. Start by melting butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk continuously until the butter and flour turn into a paste. Then slowly pour in the milk and continue whisking until you have a smooth sauce. Next add the butternut squash and stir to blend it in. Then add the star of the show, the Kraft Sharp Cheddar Natural Shreds, as well as the shredded Kraft Natural Chipotle Monterrey Jack cheese and continue stirring until the cheese has melted and you have a smooth creamy cheese sauce. Then add the cooked macaroni and stir until it is covered in the cheese sauce.
Then Voila! You have a rich and creamy, naturally cheesy, wholesome macaroni and cheese.
Are you ready to make this easy Chipotle Butternut Squash Skillet Mac ‘n Cheese? Before you do, be sure to check out the game time demo at a Walmart store near you on 9/26.
Which Kraft Natural Shreds will you choose? Don’t miss these additional Kraft Natural Cheese recipes for your next tailgating party.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup butternut squash puree
- 1 cup Kraft Natural Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 of an 8 ounce block Kraft Natural Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni cooked and drained
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter and wait until it melts
- Sprinkle in flour and then stir continuously until it has a paste like texture.
- Slowly pour in milk while stirring continuously and it has a smooth, creamy texture.
- Add in the pureed butternut squash and continue stirring until there are no more lumps, and the butternut squash puree has blended in smoothly with the creamy sauce.
- Slowly sprinkle in both the sharp cheddar and chipotle Monterey jack shredded cheeses. Continue stirring until the cheese melts.
- Add in the cooked macaroni and stir until the macaroni is completely covered in sauce and heated through.