Chicken Fajita Quesadillas with Pico De Gallo Salsa are oohey gooey cheesy, spicy, colorful and amazing! They are kind of like a Mexican or Tex-Mex version of a grilled cheese sandwich, except with flour tortillas instead of bread and with spicy pico de gallo and chicken in addition to the cheese.
Since I had made the pico de gallo salsa yesterday, and I had leftover fajita chicken, and I still wanted to celebrate Cinco de Mayo early, I decided to make these easy, stovetop Chicken Fajita Quesadillas with Pico De Gallo Salsa.
When we go out to eat Tex-Mex, Chicken quesadillas are one of Mr. Flavor Mosaic’s favorite dishes to order. Usually they are on the menu as an appetizer, but he orders them as his main meal.
These Chicken Fajita Quesadillas with Pico De Gallo Salsa are a great way to use up leftover chicken. Rotisserie chicken will work well also. Plus you can customize it to use your favorite vegetables. Sometimes I add spinach to veg it up. This is a great recipe for sneaking in vegetables.
If you are planning your Cinco de Mayo fiesta or simply want to use up some leftover chicken for an easy weeknight meal, then try these delicious, cheesy, spicy Chicken Fajita Quesadillas with Pico de Gallo Salsa.
Chicken Fajita Quesadillas with Pico De Gallo Salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar or Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb cooked fajita chicken breast diced or shredded
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup pico de gallo salsa drained
- In a skillet over medium heat, add oil. Place a flour tortilla in the skillet. Top with about a 1/2 cup cheese. Add 1/2 of the fajita chicken, red and green bell peppers, and pico de gallo salsa on top of the tortilla. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Place the other tortilla on top. After about 2 minutes, or when cheese is starting to melt, with a large spatula, very carefully turn the quesadilla over. Cook for about 1 or 2 minutes until the cheese is melted. Be careful not to let the bottom tortilla burn. Very carefully, with the large spatula, place on a plate. Cut into 4 wedges and serve.
- Repeat above instructions for second quesadilla.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese, and pico de gallo.
This post may be included in one of these fantastic link parties.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.
Cate O'Malley says
No matter what kind I make, my kids don’t like quesadillas. No matter. I’m good for their share. These look perfect for Spring.
More quesadillas for you then!
Jenn @ Deliciously Sprinkled says
Michele, we love quesadillas and these look amazing! Adding them to my weekly meal plan for this weekend! Pinned 🙂
Wonderful! I hope you like them!
Betsy | JavaCupcake.com says
These quesadillas are right up my alley! My family will LOVE THEM… totally adding this to the menu ASAP!
Thank you Betsy! I hope you like them!
Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos says
Quesadillas are such an easy and filling meal! I’m loving all of the flavors in yours – YUM!!
Robin @ Simply Southern Baking says
These look so easy to make and filling too!
Hi Robin! Yes. They are filling and easy to make! Thank you for visiting!
Marion@Life Tastes Good says
Beautiful! What a great way to use up those leftovers! These sound absolutely delicious!!
Ginny McMeans says
These look beautiful for Cinco de Mayo! Thanks!
Thank you Ginny!
Renee's Kitchen Adventures says
Perfect recipe for Cinco de Mayo!
Jaren (Diary of a Recipe Collector) says
These look really good!
Debi @ Life Currents says
I could eat Mexican Food every day! And, this would be perfect for Cinco de Mayo! Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Vohn's Vittles says
I love quesadillas, especially topped with fresh salsa. These look delicious!
Jamie @ Love Bakes Good Cakes says
We love quesadillas! These sound wonderful, Michele!
Aunt Bee says
We had quesadillas tonight! I love them, but mine don’t look NEARLY as pretty as yours! Great photos!
Stephanie Pass says
This look amazing!! In TX, we are huge TexMex lovers, and this would be perfect to add to my recipes. I am starving now, lol.
Hi Stephanie, I did not realize you were in Texas also.
Kate @ Veggie Desserts says
I keep hearing about pico de gallo salsa. I’m going to have to try this recipe!