Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin is a wonderful smoky, sweet, spicy, tangy, barbecue pork that is a perfect “Man Food” for Father’s Day and a Sunday supper.
The theme for this week’s #SundaySupper event, hosted by Susan of The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen, is Man Food in honor of Father’s Day. What better way to celebrate Father’s Day than to get together as a family for a Sunday Supper.
Mr. Flavor Mosaic and I both lost our fathers way too early. My husband lost his father when he was in middle school. I lost mine shortly after I graduated from college. We miss them still today. If your father is still with you, be sure to celebrate this very special day with them.
My Dad was the cook in the family. My Mom would cook when she had to but did not enjoy it. My Dad loved to barbecue. He made the best barbecue chicken and grilled the meanest steaks around. Friends who had his barbecue chicken often told him he should open his own barbecue restaurant. However, mostly he was a meat and potatoes man. Grilled steaks and baked potatoes. He used to tell us that we could march the steaks through the kitchen, grab both sides and serve it on the plate. He liked his steaks rare. That is definitely one thing I did not inherit from him. My steaks have to be cooked…medium well for me please.
I wish I could share one of my Dad’s recipes, but he usually shoed us kids out of the kitchen while he was cooking. I did not learn to cook until I was an adult. However, that allowed me to develop my own taste and my own recipes. I think my Dad would like them though, especially if it involved barbecue.
Today I’m sharing my Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin. It is perfect for Father’s Day and Sunday Supper because it is smoky, spicy, sweet, tangy, and is barbecue….very manly. Yet it has only 4 ingredients…..pork tenderloin, maple syrup, chipotle chile powder, and barbecue sauce, which makes it easy enough that anyone in the family can make it.
With only 4 ingredients and ready in 25 minutes, anyone can make this Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin for Father’s Day or any day. When will you make it?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (adjust the amount to the level of spiciness you prefer)
- Preheat grill to high and lightly oil grate.
- In a small bowl mix together barbecue sauce, maple syrup, and chipotle chile powder.
- Brush sauce on the pork to cover the entire pork tenderloin.
- Cook the pork on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, which takes about 20 minutes.
Today’s Sunday Supper recipes
I’m excited to be participating in the Sunday Supper event for the first time. I think the movement to get families back around the dinner table is a fantastic idea. Below are some wonderful recipes from the Sunday Supper bloggers to inspire you to have a wonder family dinner this Sunday.
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cowboy Beef Nachos by Daily Dish Recipes
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fava Bean Puree on Toast by Sustainable Dad
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beer Pizza Crust by Mess Makes Food
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burger by Yours and Mine are Ours
- Jerk Chicken Wings by Momma’s Meals
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Go??bki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches w/ Ancho Chile-Coffee BBQ Sauce by La Cocina de Leslie
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Beer Ice Cream by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Roasted Strawberry Pound Cake Stacks by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
Wine Pairings for Man Food #SundaySupper byENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.