Ground Beef Tacos
These Ground Beef Tacos, in soft corn tortillas, are so flavorful, delicious, and easy to make, you and your family will want every night to be Taco night!
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning (See Note 1.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and diced (See Note 2.)
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces red salsa
- 8 tortillas (See Note 3.)
- shredded lettuce (See Note 4.)
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- shredded cheese
- prepared guacamole
Cook The Vegetables. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Then when the oil is hot, add the onions and jalapenos (or bell peppers) and cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Brown The Ground Beef. When the onions and peppers softened, add the ground beef and cook for 5 minutes or until the ground beef is brown and no longer pink.
Season The Ground Beef. After the ground beef is browned, sprinkle the taco seasoning over the ground beef and stir. Pour the tomato sauce and salsa over the ground beef and cook for 20 minutes.
Gather The Taco Toppings. Place the taco toppings in separate bowls, if making a taco bar, to let guests add their own toppings, or just to make it easier for you to speed up the taco assembly. Assemble The Tacos. Hold the tortilla in one hand and with the other hand spoon taco meat into the tortilla. Add Taco Toppings. Add your favorite taco toppings, such as shredded lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. See the full list of suggested taco toppings in the blog post above.
Mexican Side Dishes
- Taco Seasoning. You can use a packet of store-bought taco seasoning. but I recommend using an easy homemade taco seasoning, like the one on my site.
- Substitute for Jalapeno. If you don't want the spicy heat of the jalapeño, then chop up one green bell pepper instead, or just leave it out all together.
- Tortillas. You can use either corn or flour tortillas, or crispy taco shells. For low carb options, use either Bibb lettuce cups or make the cheese taco shells as described in the text of the blog post above.
- Toppings. Choose the toppings of your choice. This is how you can personalize your taco. Common toppings are shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, onions, guacamole, sour cream, and cheese. For additional toppings, see the text in the blog post above.
Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 496mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 214IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 5mg