This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #JustAddRotel #CollectiveBias
In this Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos recipe post, I will share:
- How to make this easy, cheesy, spicy Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos appetizer recipe that is perfect for a game day party to cheer on your favorite team.
- How to score a coupon for 1 FREE can of RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes and Chili when you buy 3 at Walmart!! However, offer ends April 6th, so download the coupon today!
During March, Mr. Flavor Mosaic commandeers the remote control to watch the big basketball tournament. With football season over, Mr. Flavor Mosaic turns his enthusiasm to basketball. He loves the fast paced nature of the game, and the college rivalries. In March, the excitement builds as the big college basketball event comes to a climax with the count down to the final game. It gives him another reason to talk smack with his buddies. (As if he needs one!)
While I enjoy the basketball games, I mainly enjoy time with my family and friends, as well as the food, of course. I always make sure to have some yummy munchies on hand to watch the game. My Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos are a fan favorite for a game day appetizer.
I always make sure to have some cans of RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes in the pantry. My favorites are the Original and the Mexican style with Lime & Cilantro. For this recipe, I used the Mexican style RO*TEL, but Original would work well also.
To make the Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos recipe, you will need small, uncooked shrimp, RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes, sour cream, mayonnaise, shredded cheddar cheese and gouda (or your favorite cheese).
Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, add shrimp, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook for a couple of minutes until the shrimp are no longer pink.
Stir in the sour cream and mayonnaise. Then the drained RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes. Then stir in the Cheddar and Gouda cheeses.
It will create a creamy, cheesy sauce with the shrimp, tomatoes, and chilies.
Spread a layer of thick, sturdy tortilla chips on a serving plate. Spoon the cheesy shrimp sauce over the nachos, and sprinkle with extra cheese. You can either place it under the broiler for a minute or two or in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
Watch the video above to see how to make this Shrimp Dip!
Before you can enjoy these creamy, cheesy, spicy Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos recipe at home, download this coupon for a FREE can of RO*TEL Diced Tomatoes when you buy 3 cans at Walmart. Download your coupon today because this fantastic offer ends April 6, 2015, while supplies last. Then head to Walmart where you will find these on the Hispanic foods aisle.
For which team will you be cheering for when you eat these Tijuana Shrimp Dip Nachos?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 8 ounces small shrimp peeled, deveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice from about 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 10-ounce can RO*TEL diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gouda Cheese
- 1 13-ounce bag thick corn tortilla chips
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes onions, or jalapeños
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add shrimp, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Cook, for about 2 minutes until pink. Stir in wine and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add in drained RO*TEL diced tomatoes and chilies.
- Bring to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/2 cup Cheddar, and Gouda.
- Spread tortilla chips into a microwave-safe plate or bowl. Spoon the shrimp dip over the top of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle with remaining Cheddar and Gouda cheese. Place in the microwave for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes. (Microwaves times may vary.)
- Serve immediately.