Happy Thanksgiving Canada!
For us Yanks, Thanksgiving is only a month away. Do you know what you will serve? Are you looking for a new twist on a traditional Thanksgiving side dish? If so, then keep reading.
These Orange Guajillo Glazed Sweet Potatoes will add a little spice and citrusy sweetness to your traditional sweet potato side dish. They were a hit with my family, and I know they will be with yours.
With just a few ingredients and 30 minutes, you can serve a gourmet side dish to impress your family and friends and start a new holiday tradition.
In a sauce pan over medium heat mix together a 1/4 cup of orange marmalade with 1/4 cup of Red Guajillo salsa (I use Herdez Mexican Cooking Sauce), 1 tablespoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and of crushed red pepper. Then salt and pepper to taste.
Take it off the stove and toss in the sweet potato cubes and stir to coat. Place the potatoes and glaze on a foil-covered baking dish and cover the top with file and bake for 20 minutes. Then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes.
It is so easy and tastes so wonderful, you have to give it a try. Leave a comment and let me know how you like it.
Orange Guajillo Glazed Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Herdez Red Guajillo Mexican Cooking Sauce (or any red salsa)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes adjust to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 medium sweet potatoes peeled and diced into cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil.
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat mix together all ingredients, except the sweet potatoes. Stir until the sauce is smooth and heated through. Remove from heat.
- Toss in the sweet potatoes and cover thoroughly with the glaze.
- Pour out the sweet potatoes and glaze onto the foil covered baking pan. Cover the pan with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Remove the foil and increase the temperature to 400 degrees and cook for 10 minutes.
Miz Helen says
Your Orange Guajillo Glazed Sweet Potatoes look fabulous and I can’t wait to try them. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Have a great week and come back soon!
Occasional Cooker says
Thanks Miz Helen for stopping by.
Christie - Food Done Light says
You had me at guajillo. I love guajillo peppers. They have such great flavor. What a delicious recipe.
Occasional Cooker says
I love guajillo peppers too. It is delicious and couldn’t be easier. Thanks for stopping by.
These look absolutely delicious Michelle! Thanks for linking them up! The linky is for squash recipes so the group owners may delete it. I’m still glad you shared them – I never saw sweet potatoes with these flavors!
Lauren @ Healthy Delicious says
Wow- I love the flavors in these sweet potatoes! That sweet/spicy combination has my mouth watering!
Hi Lauren, the sweet and spicy combination of flavors is delicious on these sweet potatoes. Plus it is such an easy recipe. I’m glad you like it and thanks for visiting!