This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyFavorites #CollectiveBias
Meatless Zucchini Enchilada Sauce Casserole is a delicious meatless dinner and one of our family favorites. All the ingredients combine for a fantastic flavor. However, the key ingredient is Classico Family Favorites Traditional Sauce. Surprised? With just a couple of additional spices, it makes a great enchilada sauce.
With Mr. Flavor Mosaic starting his own business, we are trying to save money by eating at home more often. In addition, we are trying to eat more meatless meals to save money and calories and try to eat healthier .
However, one of the benefits is not only saving money but is sharing family time together and creating family memories around the dinner table. Classico Family Favorites Traditional Sauce helps create a delicious, wholesome, budget friendly meal that the whole family loves.
To prepare for our “Meatless Monday” dinner, I went to Walmart to pick up all the ingredients, including the Classico Family Favorites Traditional Sauce, which was easy to find on the aisle with the spaghetti sauce. With an abundance of fresh zucchini, I wanted to use zucchini slices instead of tortillas in a vegetarian enchilada casserole.
With fresh zucchini, corn, black beans, cheese, Classico Family Favorites Traditional Sauce, and chili powder, cumin, oregano, and garlic, this Meatless Zucchini Enchilada Sauce Casserole is delicious and can feed a crowd, or have leftovers for future meals.
The end result is a happy family around the dinner table enjoying one of their family favorites for dinner.
Meatless Zucchini Enchilada Casserole
- 3 zucchini sliced lengthwise with each slice about 1/8" wide
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen corn kernels thawed
- 4-5 green onions chopped
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 (28-ounce) jar Pasta Sauce
- 8 oz. shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ F. Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the black beans, corn, green onions, cilantro, oregano, garlic powder, 1/2 of the chili powder, and 1/2 of the cumin. In another bowl, mix together the pasta sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Spread a thin layer of over the bottom of the baking dish (approximately one fifth of the total amount). Layer with a 3-4 zucchini slices, covering the bottom of the pan. On top of the layer of zucchini, spread about one third of the bean mixture. Layer evenly with about one quarter of the remaining pasta sauce. Sprinkle with one quarter of the cheese.
- Repeat the layering process two times more (zucchini, beans, pasta sauce, cheese, zucchini, beans, pasta sauce, cheese). The last layer will be zucchini, pasta sauce, and cheese. Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil. Bake 35-45 minutes, or until the zucchini are tender and cooked through. Remove the foil from the top and bake 5 minutes more, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and let stand at least 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!