These Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars are crunchy and crumbly and have all that cinnamon apple Fall flavor that is perfect for dessert or with coffee.
I created these Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars and SPLENDA® Brand. All opinions are 100% my own. #SweetSwaps #SplendaSweeties
While the calendar says it is Fall, our local weather still seems to think it is summer. To bring about that fall feeling, we watched college football games and I made these Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars. Sweet, crunchy and crumbly, they are delicious served with coffee.
What is different about these bars is that they use SPLENDA® Naturals made with a stevia extract called Reb D, which is one of the most delicious extracts from the stevia leaf. When I tasted the SPLENDA® Naturals, it was sweet and delicious and not bitter at all.
For SPLENDA®, “natural” means no added flavors or colors, no preservatives, and only non-GMO ingredients made by minimal and common processes. For more info on how the SPLENDA® Brand does naturals, visit splendanaturals.com, and get some delicious recipes as well.
I wanted to make a Fall dessert, like this Apple Pecan Cream Cheese Cake or this Cinnamon Apple Pie Bread Pudding, using the new SPLENDA® Naturals, so I made these Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars with a cinnamon “sugar” instead of a high sugar caramel.
What I love about these Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars is that not only are they delicious, they are easy to make as well.
Make a crumbly crust and press half of that mixture on the bottom of a 9×9 pan and then top with chopped green apples. I used Granny Smith apples, but you could use any type of apples you like.
In a small bowl, I added 6 packets of SPLENDA® Naturals, which is equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar.
I added 2 teaspoons of cinnamon to make the cinnamon “sugar” and sprinkled it over the top of the apples. I reserved a little bit of the cinnamon sugar so I could sprinkle over the top of the bars.
The remaining crumbly crust batter is placed on top of the apple mixture.
Then these Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars are baked in the oven for about 30 minutes.
What will you serve with these Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars?
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Apple Cinnamon Oat Crunch Bars
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter softened
- 8 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 4 1/2 cups peeled and chopped favorite apples
- 6 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oats, salt and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend together butter and SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add dry ingredients and blend to form a crumbly mixture.
- Measure and set aside 2 cups crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into a 9x9 inch pan. Spread apples into an even layer over crust.
- In a small bowl combine 6 packets SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle cinnamon mixture over the apples.
- Bake 30 - 40 minutes.