I wanted something quick and easy for a light dinner. What’s better than breakfast for dinner. So I told my husband I was making egg salad sandwiches. To which he replied “maybe we could go out to eat.” Egg salad usually draws a rather ho-hum response from most. However, you have not had this spicy egg salad sandwich on an english muffin.
How many egg salad sandwiches do you know that have hot pepper sauce and pepper jack cheese. Give these a try when you are looking for something light, quick and easy, but with a kick.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons course grain dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- dash hot-pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices canadian bacon
- 2 english muffins split and toasted
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place English muffins on an ungreased baking sheet. Top each with a slice of Canadian bacon, 1/4 cup egg mixture and a sprinkling of pepper jack cheese. Bake at 350 for 6 or 7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are heated through. Sprinkle chopped green onions over the top just before serving.