This post is sponsored by Mezzetta but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
This Muffuletta Olive Salad brings back memories of an awesome olive appetizer that our brother-in-law’s mother used to bring on the holidays.
When I see olives I am always reminded of the holidays when Millie would bring this delicious olive appetizer that everyone loved. After Millie passed, the appetizer left also. I don’t recall having it at any holidays since then.
This year I decided to make an olive appetizer, but dress it up some. I thought would make a Muffuletta Olive Salad similar to the olive tapenade on a New Orleans style muffuletta sandwich. It uses Mezzetta Spanish Olives, Kalamata Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers and Giardiniera with cauliflower, carrots, celery, and onions. This Muffuletta Olive Salad could be used as a dip or used for bruschetta or in a salad or sandwich. There are all kinds of possibilities.
I like to serve it on a bagel or pita chips or on toasted french bread. Serve as an appetizer for Slow Cooker Jambalaya.
The Sweepstakes is closed.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
Email | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram
Muffuletta Olive Salad
- 1-1/2 Cups Mezzetta Spanish Green Olives chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mezzetta Pitted Kalamata Olives chopped
- 1 Cup Mezzetta Giardiniera chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Peppers chopped
- 3 each Fresh Garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Parsley finely chopped
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt & Freshly Ground pepper To Taste salt may not be necessary
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour Olive Oil over the mixture and stir.
- Transfer into a bowl or jar, cover and let the flavors develop for about a week.
If you like this recipe you may like my Cajun Blackened Chicken recipe!
We make a similar version each week for sandwiches during the football season. Love it!
What a great idea! We make it for sandwiches also. However, that will be a future recipe post!