This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SauceOn #CollectiveBias
Habanero Hot Sauce Grilled Cheese sandwiches include El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Habanero Hot Sauce, exclusively available at Walmart, that adds excitement to what would be an everyday meal. When you think of Hot Sauce Recipes, grilled cheese may not be the first thing to come to mind. However, that is what is great about the El Yucateco hot sauces. You can use them on everything and add that zing to take a recipe over the top.
Mr. Flavor Mosaic LOVES his hot sauce. I now know that whatever I fix, I need to serve it with hot sauce. Breakfast – hot sauce, sandwich for lunch – hot sauce, dinner casserole – hot sauce too. Therefore, I always have to keep hot sauce on hand.
Thankfully, my nearby Walmart carries the El Yucateco Habanero hot sauce on their hispanic foods aisle. So I had it on hand earlier this week when after work Mr. Flavor Mosaic said he wanted grilled cheese sandwiches.
For an easy weeknight meal, the grilled cheese sandwich is perfect because it is so easy to make. First, butter one side of two pieces of bread.
Add two slices of gouda cheese. If necessary, cut the cheese slices to fit the bread.
Top with a slice of tomato.
Place caramelized onions on top of the tomato slice.
Sprinkle the El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Habanero Hot Sauce over the top. Adjust the amount of hot sauce to your preference of spiciness.
So you are layering flavor on top of flavor.
Next layer the cheese slices on top of the onions.
Place the other slice of bread on top, buttered side up.
Grill the sandwich until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Then you have a delicious, cheesy, messy grilled cheese sandwich with a kick for some extra excitement.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 8 slices french bread
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 8 slices gouda cheese
- 4 tomato slices
- El Yucateco Black Reserve Habanero Hot Sauce (adjust amount to taste)
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. When the oil is hot, add the sliced onions and cook until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter one side of each slice of bread. This will be the side to go on the outside of the sandwich.
- Place a slice of gouda cheese on top of the unbuttered side of the bread. then add a tomato slice and then about a tablespoon of caramelized onions. Then top with another slice of cheese. Lastly top with the other slice of bread (buttered side up).
- Place the sandwich (buttered side down) in the skillet. Let cook about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the bread is golden brown.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich so the other side of the sandwich is facing down on the skillet. Let cook for a few minutes until the cheese on the other side of the sandwich is melted, and the bread is golden brown.
- Repeat for the above process for each sandwich.
To find more recipes using El Yucateco, like their Facebook page to get some great ideas: https://www.facebook.com/elyucateco.
For even more el yucateco recipes, visit these sites:
Join us at the bilingual #SauceOn Twitter Party for inspiration and ideas on how to bring more excitement to your everyday meals by using El Yucateco. We’ll be sharing delicious and exciting recipes using El Yucateco and there will be $550 in Walmart gift cards! RSVP here: http://www.sofabchats.com/parties/233-sauceon
Be sure to enter our giveaway below, which provides ONE lucky winner with a $75 Walmart gift card + Gift Basket that will include El Yucateco products and apparel, a wood cutting board and cheese knives worth approx. $80 in retail value.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. El Yucateco Giveaway ends on 8/29/14 at 6:00PM ET. Open only to (i) legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and (ii) who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Void in PR and where prohibited. Sponsor: Collective Bias, Inc.