Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Crescent Rolls sound delicious, look delicious, and smell delicious while they are baking; and they ARE delicious. Make plenty because there will be no leftovers of this decadent breakfast.
For me to make cinnamon rolls, they have to be super easy. I consider myself more of a cooker rather than a baker. If the recipe calls for yeast, I’m not baking it. I want only quick and easy recipes. I guess you could call me a lazy baker. I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that feels this way.
I decided I wanted cinnamon rolls but did not want to make the dough from scratch. I had a can of Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet in the refrigerator, and decided to use those to make cinnamon rolls.
However, I did not want regular cinnamon rolls. If I’m going to cheat on my diet, I want it to be worth it. Do you know what I mean? So I don’t want just any cinnamon rolls. I want decadent, over-the-top outrageously delicious cinnamon rolls! So I added a caramel sauce to drizzle over the top and added chopped pecans! Easy and outrageously delicious! It is almost like candy.
Give these a try tomorrow morning and see if you agree that they are outrageously, over-the-top delicious!
Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Crescent Rolls
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury® Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- 1/2 cup butter softened (divided)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roll out the crescent sheets flat on a piece of parchment paper.
- Spread half of the softened butter (1/4 cup or 1/2 a stick) on the top of the entire crescent sheet.
- Sprinkle sugar evenly over the top of the crescent sheet, and then do the same with the cinnamon.
- Starting with the short end, roll the crescent sheet until it is rolled into a long tube. Then cut the crescent tube across into 8 evenly sized slices, making 8 cinnamon rolls.
- Place cinnamon rolls, cut side down, into an 8" round baking pan.
- Bake for about about 20 minutes in a preheated oven until the cinnamon rolls are golden brown on the edges. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the caramel topping. Place 1/4 cup (or 1/2 stick) of butter into a saucepan over low heat, melting the butter.
- Stir in the brown sugar until melted. Pour in the heavy cream. Stir continuously until thickened, for about 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely so it does not burn.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the cinnamon rolls and sprinkle with chopped pecans.
If you like this recipe, subscribe via email and have them delivered directly to your inbox.