This Sweet Potato Toast with Apples, Bacon and Gorgonzola blows away regular toast! Sweet potato slices are toasted and topped with bacon, apples, onions and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese for a delicious savory breakfast.
Sweet Potato what???!!! Yes. Sweet Potato Toast. You read it correctly. You slice sweet potatoes lengthwise and put the slices in the toaster! This is no joke.
Yes. It is a thing. Sweet Potato Toast is a recent hot trend and I had to try it.
And boy am I glad I did.
If you are looking for a delicious, healthier breakfast option, look no further. This Sweet Potato Toast with Apples, Bacon and Blue Cheese will explode with flavor in your mouth?
After enjoying all the wonderful flavors in this Sweet Potato Toast with Apples, Bacon and Blue Cheese, you can rest easy because it is gluten-free, and fits into most diets. If you are looking for dairy-free, then just leave off the gorgonzola cheese.
But to me, the combination of flavors will make you go WOW!!!
In my recipe, I do cheat a little and partially bake the sweet potato slices before toasting them. Otherwise, you might have to toast them several times in the toaster to get them cooked.
The key is to not slice them too thick. Keep them thin, approximately 1/4 inch wide.
For the toppings, I cook the chopped bacon in a skillet on top of the stove and then add the chopped apples and onions together and cook together with the bacon. Spoon that mixture on top of the sweet potato toasts and then sprinkle crumbled gorgonzola over the top. I get giddy thinking about this flavor combination.
There really are no more words to describe this wonderful creation. You just have to try it for yourself. Then you will be hooked!
Try it and let me know what you think about this Sweet Potato Toast with Apples, Bacon and Gorgonzola!
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
Sweet Potato Toast (Topped with Apples, Bacon and Gorgonzola)
- 1 large sweet potato washed and dried
- 2 slices bacon cut into 1/2" slices
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1/2 apple diced
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 ℉.
- Place a wire rack on a baking sheet.
- Slice off each end of the sweet potato so each end is flat.
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Arrange sweet potato slices in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato slices are tender but not fully cooked.
- Remove the baking sheet from oven.
- Place the sweet potato slices in a toaster. Toast until hot and edges are crispy. The amount of time required will depend on your individual toaster.
- While the sweet potatoes are in the oven, cook the bacon pieces in a skillet over medium heat. Once cooked, add the diced onions and apples and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Once the bacon, apples, and onions are cooked and the sweet potatoes have been toasted, top the sweet potato toast with chopped cooked bacon, apples, and onions.
- Crumble the gorgonzola cheese on top of each sweet potato toast.
Be sure to pin this to save for later.
If you like this recipe you may like this recipe, you may like these Chipotle Sweet Potatoes with Queso Fresco!