Summer Fresh Honey Lime Fruit Salad is a beautiful, sweetly delicious and healthy summer salad or dessert.
The nice thing about fruit salad is that you can use any fruit that is in season or what fruit you have on hand. I used fresh strawberries, blueberries, green grapes and mandarin oranges. However, this would also work great with raspberries, blackberries, or kiwi.
This is perfect for a light summer dessert or salad for a picnic, cookout, potluck or family reunion. Since it does not require heating up the stove or grill, it is great for the summer. It get so blasted hot and humid down here I look for recipes that are no bake and easy.
The honey lime is super simple to make and truly enhances the flavor of the fruit.
Since this is a heart healthy dessert, it seemed appropriate to serve it in a heart shaped bowl. It is low fat, gluten-free, and delicious. This is a good thing especially in the summer.
Thank you for visiting. Don’t forget to Subscribe to Flavor Mosaic to have recipes delivered to your inbox. Follow Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter to stay up to date with the latest happenings!
Summer Fresh Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- 2 cups fresh strawberries diced
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh pineapple diced
- 1 cup fresh green grapes
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges in juice, drained
- Honey Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp lime zest zest of 2 medium limes
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- In a large bowl add all fruit. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, lime zest and lime juice. Pour the Honey Lime Dressing over the fruit shortly before serving. Toss the fruit to evenly coat.