These tender, juicy Balsamic Pork Chops with Capers create an incredibly delicious savory gourmet dinner to impress your family and guests yet it is so easy to make and can be on the table in 30 minutes.
This Balsamic Pork Chops Recipe with Capers is based on the recipe, Pork Medallions with Balsamic Vinegar and Capers on AllRecipes.com, by AllRecipes Allstar, Marianne, and has been a favorite in our house for a couple of years. Tender, juicy pork chops, with a sauce that blends quality balsamic vinegar with onions, lemon zest, and capers, is heavenly.
If you want a quick and easy weeknight dinner…..Balsamic Pork Chops with Capers is your recipe.
If you want to impress guests with a gourmet dinner…..Balsamic Pork Chops with Capers is your recipe.
If you want a healthy recipe that still tastes great…..Balsamic Pork Chops with Capers is your recipe.
It is extremely important to use a good quality balsamic vinegar as that will make or break the recipe.
Below is my adaptation of the original recipe on AllRecipes.com. I used pork chops instead of pork medallions, and reduced the balsamic vinegar, added onions and tweaked some of the measurements of other ingredients.
It is a quick and easy, healthy, gourmet dinner that will impress your family and guests. Make this recipe and prepare to hear the rave reviews of your cooking. Go ahead and give it a try.
Balsamic Capers Pork Chops
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper or to taste
- salt to taste
- 2 large boneless pork chops
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons minced lemon zest or to taste
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Place the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper into a plastic bag. Shake to mix, the add the pork chops, and shake again to coat. Shake off the excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the pork chops until golden-brown on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the chopped onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer until the pork chops are no longer pink in the center, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pork chops to a serving platter, then stir the lemon zest and capers into the pan. Continue simmering a few minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve the Balsamic Pork Chops with Capers on a plate or platter and pour the sauce over the Balsamic Pork Chops before serving.
Two of my favorite things! and capers too!! This looks delicious, Michele! Thanks for sharing. Pinning
Kenneth Goh says
Michelle, this looks extremely good. Pin in my Group’s board. Cheers
Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads says
I love capers and balsamic! This sounds great! Pinning!
Britni @ Play. Party. Pin. says
I don’t eat pork chops often but this recipe looks yummy.
Prototype Mama says
I rarely eat pork chops but I’m still pinning for later. It looks too good to pass up
I am very most definitely going to try your version of this dish! It looks like a very yummy alternative! Thanks for bringing this to light! I hadn’t seen this blog before! Yum!
Occasional Cooker says
Hi Marianne, I’m honored you visited as this is based on your recipe. And I would be even more honored if you tried this version. If it is your first time to visit, take a look around. Thanks for visiting.
Joanne/WineLady Cooks says
Hi Michele, I’m so excited to find this delicious pork chop recipe. I’ve been looking for recipes to make all in one skillet, and of course we love the flavors of the balsamic vinegar and capers. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe. I’m definitely going to make this.
Hi Joanne, Thanks for visiting. I’m so happy you like this recipe. It is one of our favorites. I hope you like it.
What can you substitute lemon zest with?
You could just leave it out and not add it, or you could try using a 1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice to get the lemon flavor.