This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AD #Tailgreatness #CollectiveBias
Jalapeno Popper Pizza Dip is a spicy, cheesy dip that combines Jalapeno Poppers with a Pepperoni Sausage Pizza to create an amazing tailgating appetizer, and learn our secret to get ready for tailgreatness!
Please pardon this interruption to the usual Friday Gridiron Grub Guru post. This is Michele. The Gridiron Grub Guru is taking today off to get ready for his weekend college football party.
You will see below one of the ways he prepares for watching his alma mater (the underdogs) take on the number one college football team in the nation! To say he is a little nervous about the game is an understatement.
As for the food, I’ll be making a hot, spicy cheesy Jalapeno Popper Pizza Dip with jalapenos, cream cheese, pepperoni, and spicy sausage and mozzarella, cheddar, and parmesan cheeses, which combine two of our favorite game day foods, Jalapeno Poppers and Pizza, into one dip. Shown above is the dip before it goes in the oven, and the photo below shows it after it comes out of the oven with the melted cheese.
As many of you know, my hubby is a college football and food fanatic! This Gridiron Grub Guru loves spicy game day foods. However, they don’t always love him back.
So he has to plan ahead for our tailgating parties by taking Nexium 24HR ahead of time because he wants to enjoy the Jalapeno Popper Pizza Dip at the party without paying for it the next day because we don’t want to compromise on our spicy cheesy dip with jalapenos, cream cheese, spicy sausage, and pepperoni.
With just one pill a day, Mr. Gridiron Grub Guru can avoid the frequent heartburn and can get all-day and all-night protection with Nexium® 24HR* (*Use as directed. *May take 1-4 days for full effect.). I feel good about him taking it because it is the ##1 Choice of Doctors and Pharmacists* for their own frequent heartburn.” *Among PCPs and Pharmacists who use a branded OTC PPI.
I found the Nexium® 24HR 42 count tablets on the aisle with the medicines for frequent heartburn, which was near the pharmacy in Walmart. While I was there I picked up the other ingredients for the Jalapeno Popper Pizza Dip.
A few days before the weekend get ready for tailgreatness by heading to Walmart to pick up some Nexium 24HR and the ingredients to make this awesome Jalapeno Popper Pizza Dip.
*May take 1 to 4 days for full effect. Use as directed.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow us on:
- ½ pound spicy breakfast sausage
- 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1-1/2 cup Italian blend cheese (mozzarella and parmesan)
- 1-1/2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- ½ cup Mexican blend cheese (Cheddar and Monterey jack)
- 1 slice cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup pepperoni slices
- ½ jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a small 6" oven-safe skillet with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat cook the breakfast sausage until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain any excess grease. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning and everything is well combined.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded Italian blend cheese and diced jalapenos.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the breakfast sausage in the 6" oven-safe skillet.
- Sprinkle the shredded Mexican Blend Cheese and remaining ½ cup of shredded Italian blend cheese evenly over the top of the cream cheese mixture in the skillet.
- Top with pepperonis, chopped cooked bacon, and sliced jalapenos.
- Bake in the oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted.