I created this post as part of a sponsored series with Socialstars and SPLENDA® Brand; all opinions are my own. #SweetSwaps #SplendaSweeties
Celebrate with this Fresh Fruit Salad with a “Virgin Margarita” Dressing for a beautifully delicious and light dessert that is perfect for a holiday or any occasion.
Who says eating light is boring? This Fresh Fruit Salad with a Virgin Margarita Dressing shatters that theory. It is sweet and bursting with the flavor of the fresh fruit and a dressing that has a citrusy lemon-lime flavor of a margarita without the alcohol.
I’m serving this Fresh Fruit Salad with a Virgin Margarita Dressing as a lighter alternative to the heavier desserts on our Easter holiday dinner table. Actually this would be perfect for an Easter brunch, lunch or dinner. It is so incredibly delicious that I may make it again for Mother’s Day as well. It is a perfect Spring or Summer dessert.
I love this recipe for the Fresh Fruit Salad with a Virgin Margarita Dressing because it contains less sugar than typical desserts because I swapped out that sugar for SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated. If I swap out the sugar in all recipes and not just baked goods, it will help us reach our goal of reducing the sugar from our diet. I like SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener because it provides the sweet taste of sugar with less added sugar. For more recipes and tips visit SWEET SWAPS™ website, and follow SPLENDA® on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter.
For a fun twist, and to add some interest, I served this Fresh Fruit Salad with a Virgin Margarita Dressing in salted margarita glasses, which everyone loved. However, you certainly don’t need margarita glasses to serve this beautiful and delicious fruit. It makes a beautiful presentation with the variety of colors of the fruit.
This recipe calls for cutting up fresh fruit. However, as a shortcut, you could buy fresh fruit already cut up at the grocery store to save time.
Now it is your turn. How will you serve this beautifully delicious Fresh Fruit Salad with a Virgin Margarita Dressing? Leave a comment and let me know.
If you like this recipe, be sure to follow me on:
- 1 cup cantaloupe cut into small chunks
- 1 cup watermelon cut into small chunks
- 1 cup honeydew melon cut into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh blueberries washed
- 1 cup red of green grapes halved
- 2 oranges sliced and halved (for slices and for juice)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice can be from a fresh orange above
- 1 tablespoon SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener Granulated
- To make the Fresh Fruit Salad, combine all the cut fruit and berries in a large bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To make the Virgin Margarita Dressing, in a small bowl, add the lime juice, lemon juice and orange juice and SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated. Stir until the SPLENDA® has dissolved.
- Just before serving, pour the Virgin Margarita Dressing over the Fresh Fruit Salad.