Creamy Cajun Chicken Lasagna
Creamy Cajun Chicken Lasagna ia a quick, easy, creamy, cheesy comfort food that combines Cajun and Italian flavors for an awesome chicken dinner.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1" pieces)
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (can use store bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion (chopped)
- 1/2 each green red, and yellow bell peppers (chopped)
- 6 no boil lasagna noodles (each broken into about 6 pieces)
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 8 ounces light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning on both sides of the chicken.
Add oil to a 10" skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken for about 3 minutes on each side.
Add vegetables and sprinkle them with other half of cajun seasoning.
Cook chicken and vegetables until vegetables are soft, about 5 minutes.
Place broken pieces of lasagna noodles on top of the chicken and vegetables.
Reduce heat to low and pour the white sauce on top making sure to cover all the lasagna noodles.
Cover and simmer on low for about 10 minutes or until the noodles are soft.
Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top, cover for another 5 to 7 minutes until cheese is melted. For an optional garnish, top with chopped basil, green onions, or chopped cilantro.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 397mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 1mg