Jalapeno Popper Pasta Salad
Jalapeño Popper Pasta Salad is perfect for a barbecue, picnic, or pot luck…..spicy, creamy, crispy, and crunchy.
- 16 ounces dried penne pasta
- ½ cup mayonnaise I use light mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream I use light sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 to 3 jalapeños seeded and chopped (or 1 can chopped jalapeños)
- 1 cup of Mexican Blend cheese shredded
- 6 slices center cut bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup of crushed Ritz crackers
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
Run cold water over pasta to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, and pepper together.
Stir pasta, jalapeños and bacon into the mayonnaise dressing until combined. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sprinkle crackers over the pasta salad before serving.
Calories: 429kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 538mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 229IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg